My 97X ... Just starting out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 97X ... Just starting out

MySploder97.jpg

Got an idea to line-x the hood from my jeep buddy

2.jpg

Not done.. this is the pic i took after the second coat and i found my sprayer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yups

thats the plan...just wanted to see if i liked the texture

I was gonna say I also hope you do the whole truck now, otherwise it would look like the cars you see left and right half primered :p:

Spray vs Roll-on

I have another hood that i used the roll on liner.. on.. i am going to do the whole thing spray-on.. the final product of the spray is exactly what i wanted

the down side to the liner is that dirt sticks to it all the time, it will never be "clean" again. (mine never was clean so... ya)

Seemed like the paint on the Ex was in great shape. Don't think I could bring myself to do that until the paint went to hell.

i was just thinking that same thing

yeah

While the paint was in decent shape, I bought this x to do exactly what i'm doing to it... I couldn't find a beater that still drove for the price i was willing to pay.. got this badboy for 2200. still gonna do the rest in tuffliner and next will be war shackles and a TT

wewt!

ordered my shackles just now and they're on the way.. hopefully i can put them on myself

it's your truck , have at it :salute:

the shackles are pretty easy to install , post some after pics when your done.

oops

forgot to say the 1st pic was about a year and a half ago.. 2 AZ sandstorms effed the hood up perty bad... 2nd pic was a few days ago

Front

Did the grill and front bumper today.. I have a feeling i'll have to figure out how to take the header panel off so i can paint that black too..

DSCN0967.jpg

:D

what paint did you use on your bumper? How well is it sticking to that chrome? I've been looking to paint my chrome bumpers but none of the paint ive tried sticks...

Chrome

the grill trim isn't real chrome so i just peeled it off and sanded it.... as far as the bumpers go i hit it with my dremel all kinds of hardcore and then i finished it off with 180grit sandpaper... the paint i used is Dupont bedliner.... goin for the whole rhinoline look... im a little drunk so yeah:thumbsup:

W00t!

Front end done..looks smexy too! i'll post pics as soon as it stops raining.. oh and i hafta wait to lift it.. wife's car in the shop and i don't want her prematurely effing up meh ride

21.jpg

Can't wait to see it!

almost

Got Driver's side done 2 days ago.. looks badass

98.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wootcicles

Passenger side done today.. all i have left is the rear gate and a bit of the roof..

Also got some headlight covers and tinted the brakelights...

8.jpg

Back