00meangreenXLT's Explorer V8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

00meangreenXLT's Explorer V8

Hi everybody, decided to finally make one of these :cool:

SO it's a 2000 XLT, Tropic green with dark gray interior...got it in December of 2010 with 163,500 miles on it, paid $1600:

photo.jpg

e63a9894.jpg

Next to Dreddog47's Bronco
a64dcd8a.jpg

Here's how it is now, with new headlights (awesome junk yard find!!), bug guard removed, and the rusty ass tow hitch removed

IMG_1553.jpg

Painted taillights:
IMG_1897.jpg

P2010246.jpg

Has 171,000 miles on it right now and still running strong!!

Also has:
-Mac cold air intake
-Pioneer head unit & speakers
-Front windows tinted 35%
-Sport Trac Cluster

Needs:
-Exhaust leak repair (really annoying ticking noise!!!!!)
-Power steering leak repair
-Coolant & trans flush (the coolant is black and chunky looking :roll:)
-Lots of work to the power door locks (3 doors including liftgate need new actuators)
-New hood struts (using a small golf club to hold it open for now :D)

Fixed:
-New upper and lower control arms, ball joints, and wheel hubs (thanks to dreddog47 and LiKuiD)

more pics to come!!

Thanks
-John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great!

These v8s all seem to have exhaust leaks when you get this high of mileage.

Where is your exhaust leak at? I thought mine was at the manifolds, so I had those replaced, but it turned out to be the EGR vlave.. :-\ so You should definitely check that first.

Good luck with it!

Looks great!

These v8s all seem to have exhaust leaks when you get this high of mileage.

Where is your exhaust leak at? I thought mine was at the manifolds, so I had those replaced, but it turned out to be the EGR vlave.. :-\ so You should definitely check that first.

Good luck with it!

Thanks!!

My leak is coming from the passenger side...the manifold gasket definitely has a hole in it as there are chunks of it falling off...I'm not sure about the EGR, mine looks fine as does the manifold itself and it did pass emissions but you never know :/ When i have more money, it's the first thing on my list lol

Nice, well you can get Torque Monsters like everyone is going to suggest, or I just got some Dorman ones from RockAuto for pretty cheap. :thumbsup:

I would love to get torque monster headers but they're out of my price range unfortunately...i'll be stuck with my "tick monster" headers (as i've been calling them lol) until i have some money to buy the cheap ones from rock auto :)

Looks great man:thumbsup:

nice x

Nice to see you made a registry, and nice x, although you didn't include the pic of it next to mine, haha jk... There's a may 14th cleanup run in Wharton if you haven't seen the thread yet, you should consider coming even if you hop in with someone else. And if you talk to Dreddog or Likuid let them know too in case they haven't seen it.

Nice to see you made a registry, and nice x, although you didn't include the pic of it next to mine, haha jk... There's a may 14th cleanup run in Wharton if you haven't seen the thread yet, you should consider coming even if you hop in with someone else. And if you talk to Dreddog or Likuid let them know too in case they haven't seen it.

haha here u go

P1290170.jpg

I did read the thread about the may 14th run, i'm trying to convince dreddog to bring the bronco down since my truck needs some things fixed before it would be ready to go out again, but he doesn't want his truck to get scratched more than it already is hahaha...not sure about his brother but if he ends up going we're gonna try to ride with him :thumbsup:

haha here u go

P1290170.jpg

I did read the thread about the may 14th run, i'm trying to convince dreddog to bring the bronco down since my truck needs some things fixed before it would be ready to go out again, but he doesn't want his truck to get scratched more than it already is hahaha...not sure about his brother but if he ends up going we're gonna try to ride with him :thumbsup:

haha thx, sounds good either way no matter who you ride with, what do you still need fixed?

it needs lots of fluid flushes/changes like coolant, transmission, and the rear diff (which is also leaking slowly)...it's leaking power steering fluid as well :rolleyes:...i'm unfortunately lacking in funds to fix these things as well as money for gas (which the V8 is very thirsty for haha) but once i'm able to get a job dreddog and i will be taking care of all that stuff :thumbsup:

yea i feel ya about the gas money, i feel like any bit of money i can save to try to buy something for my new explorer goes to gas to get around.

Thought it was time to update this since it's been a while...

Got my exhaust leak fixed thank god so the truck sounds great now, no more ticking :D

Got my projectors installed:

IMG_0767.jpg

Shot from the side:

IMG_0768.jpg

Back:

IMG_0769.jpg

A quick interior shot...i did my center arm rest in a suede material (the old one had the typical cracking/hole) i have a ton of that stuff left over too so i did all the armests on all the doors as you can see in this pic:

IMG_0775.jpg

Moved my subs from my other car into the explorer (and cleaned that rear carpet too which was nasty):

IMG_0770.jpg

Engine bay (yes i know my truck isn't lime green but i thought it was cool at the time lmao :) ):

IMG_0776.jpg

And this one from a car show that i went too, this one was taken with a real DSLR camera instead of my iPhone like all the other ones lol (you can see my LED interior lights and green LED puddle lamps in this one):

DPP_0019.jpg

That's all i have right now...still need to fix my power steering cooler leak (i have the part just haven't done it yet) but other than that the truck is running great, just rolled 176,000 miles this afternoon :cool:

Nice ride. I'm partial to green 'Sploders with the 5.0. :D

My tails are almost identical to yours except I also hit mine with one very light coat of Nightshades. Can hardly tell they're tinted.

Oh, nice retrofit too. ;)

thanks lol yes green 5.0 explorers are awesome :D and i think ours are the same green (tropic green?)

I plan on re-doing those tail lights eventually since there still some orange showing through on the sides...but they're good for now

I'm loving the retrofit except for my passenger side high beam sticking on every once and a while :(...how's yours doing??

thanks lol yes green 5.0 explorers are awesome :D and i think ours are the same green (tropic green?)

I plan on re-doing those tail lights eventually since there still some orange showing through on the sides...but they're good for now

I'm loving the retrofit except for my passenger side high beam sticking on every once and a while :(...how's yours doing??

Mine is "Amazon Green" (Code SU)

No troubles with the highbeam sticking, but I rarely use mine. I hope it doesn't develop the same problem. :rolleyes:

Mine is "Amazon Green" (Code SU)

No troubles with the highbeam sticking, but I rarely use mine. I hope it doesn't develop the same problem. :rolleyes:

Ahh I see, the colors are still pretty close though but taking another look at your truck i can see mine's a little darker lol, it's definitely Tropic green, the only green available for the 2000 model year according to my 2000 brochure haha

Apparently the high beams sticking on is a common problem with the MH1's...I had my passenger side projector apart the other day to stretch the spring for the high beam solenoid which fixes it for most people and while that made it a lot more infrequent than before, it's still happening :mad:

Got my explorer pretty muddy a couple weekends ago with some other Jersey located people from ef :)

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

It needs a new outer tie rod on the passenger side now which sucks, it's getting taken care of after christmas...but I did get an awesome early christmas present:

134b4d0d.jpg

c75c2c93.jpg

My engine bay needs to be cleaned severely after that trip and especially with the new explorer V8 badge!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back