Double Din or Wheels?

Teejay4490

Reaction score
City, State
Tallahassee, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT 4x4
Just wanting a few opinions,

Option 1: Paint wheels with plasti dip and get a double din radio or...

Option 2: Get wheels and wait for double din.

securedownload-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You already have an aftermarket HU in the truck?

Then I say double din.

Option 1 for me. Give me some ear candy first. Although I still have my factory stereo and bought rims for it :nono: but I was going from 17"s to 20"s

Paint the wheels and get a feel of how you like them...and if you do then get the double din or get the wheels?

Yeah im probably going to paint them first and see how much I like them because I am staying at a 17. I cant justify getting a diff size when I have brand new tires. I may just compromise and get wheels and a single din. Im also looking for used stuff too so if I can ill wing both.

Kazer goes with used a lot lately, but that's mainly because he's too impatient to afford brand new lol.

And you can find double dins for pretty decent prices.

Yeah i have the same exact problem, dont wanna save up lol. Im checking craigslist to see what they have

paint the rims with plasti dip, its only like 5 dollars a can and 1 can should easily cover 2 wheels.

which double din are you looking at?

Kazer goes with used a lot lately, but that's mainly because he's too impatient to afford brand new lol.

hey hey hey

Easy there bud! LOL

yeah i've bought 2 used sets of rims and 3 sets of used tires......so far, lol

my used 20"s with tires cost less than my double din lol

I want either a pioneer or sony double din..

And im definitely going to plasti dip the wheels soon ive been really busy with getting ready for school.

And used is the way to go a lot of times!

Well I have a nice little update...

I happened across a set of ricer rims and lowering springs off a honda civic Si for free so looks like im going to be able to get my cake and eat it too after I get it sold!

I have a pioneer double din but I got one with gps. I kinda think the double din without gps is kind of a waste but thats IMO only because you can have 2 in 1 package and plus I got mine for a great deal. Seriously for the price you'd spend for a new one without gps you can spend the same amount to get a slightly used model with gps. Like I said though that's just me. And I'd agree with triton and paint the wheels. Drive around with the painted ones for a while... Rims ain't goin nowhere! Neither are the double dins lol

Well im definitely going to get one now but yeah I have a serious problem with being impatient but im just checking craigslist everyday waiting on something

Lol well keep a cool head. If there is one with gps in your price range that's in good shape then get it I promise you will be much happier

i bought the JVC KW AVX640 without gps and i kick myself in the a$$ everyday for not forking up the extra $100 for the 740 with gps. But this headunit is the best one I've had a chance to use, fast processing and clear display with lots of customization. $367 off ebay

IMAG0161.jpg

6.1" actually. I had a 7" but wanted a volume knob and buttons instead of all touchscreen

I can make you a video walk-through if you want me to

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cant pass it up

I may choose to upgrade alittle bit down the road but I was talking to one of my buddy's last night and he told me he got a new double din for his truck. Subsequently he said I could have his for 80 bucks. Its a deal I cant pass up I will probably get a newer one soon but this one is good enough for now. And the wheels should be painted the weekend after this one..

Back