3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3"Suspension, 3"body ,and 285/75s :D

what size tires do you have on there? And do you know how you would make the front level with the back?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Roadbully is no longer onthe site bro, he was running 285s = 33's. He had his own 3 inch spacers he used to make and a 3 inch body lift ford a 98-00 ranger.

You can do both but bigger springs settle and dont achieve advertied lift so just get spacers installed.

where did roadbully get his 3" larger coils?

Where did you get 3 in springs from.did you have to change any suspension parts to use them.
tanjr720

Have you had time to make another thread on this? I would like to do this, and if I do it will be on my own. What should I know while doing it? How much did it cost you total (for both the 3 inch longer springs, and 3 inch body lift) ? I'm VERY curious!

Somebody needs to delete this thread, since the original poster turned out to be shady and since his method of lifting (the 3" springs) were so shoddy. Without new upper control arms to reduce strain on the ball joints, NO 2002-2005 FORD EXPLORER 4 DOOR SHOULD BE LIFTED MORE THAN 2 1/2 INCHES IN THE FRONT!!!!!! It's proven that they are not durable long term, and that the upper ball joints will bind severely! Apparently guys can't read through threads to see the whole content, so let's just delete this thread and be done with it!

Somebody needs to delete this thread, since the original poster turned out to be shady and since his method of lifting (the 3" springs) were so shoddy. Without new upper control arms to reduce strain on the ball joints, NO 2002-2005 FORD EXPLORER 4 DOOR SHOULD BE LIFTED MORE THAN 2 1/2 INCHES IN THE FRONT!!!!!! It's proven that they are not durable long term, and that the upper ball joints will bind severely! Apparently guys can't read through threads to see the whole content, so let's just delete this thread and be done with it!

Um excuse me sir but i don't believe you have read all the threads yourself as well.... If you read the coilsprings thread you will learn that a three inch longer spring is 3 inches longer then the original but when compressed it is not.... They also settle over time and been proven to work for a very mild lift one that doesn't effect the ball joints even with the 3inch springs because the lift itself is smaller then a 3 inch spacer....

If you also read the threads on the spacers you will see that a 2 inch spacer will give you more then 2 inches of lift, where a coil spring will give you less. I believe (someone that has read the springs thread correct me if im wrong) a three inch spring settles to about a 2 inch to 1.5 lift.....

Also his method he used was the springs he didnt prefer them because they settled so much. I keep in weekly contact with him and know a lot about the explorers. he currently has upper arms with king shocks... yea long travel baby!

Like i said you stated his method of springs where "shoddy" well dude if you actually read he didnt produce springs he was the first builder to produce spacers and was overwhelmed and it tanked.....

HIS EX LOWER ARMS WITH 3 INCH COIL SPRINGS
3.jpg

OTHER MEMBERS EX LOWER ARMS WITH 2 INCH SPACERS
DSCN0691.jpg

please before you rant READ!

the guy did make a good way to lift the X but he also was a theif still has people looking for their lift sand GURU dont you mean Chris from 3genx lmao that is who GURU is.

the guy did make a good way to lift the X but he also was a theif still has people looking for their lift sand GURU dont you mean Chris from 3genx lmao that is who GURU is.

Not sure what you mean??? am i missing something here?

I agree with the bold, also the lift spacer thread of his as the sticky... that way wont be something for new viewers to see nor bring the past up

That's all I was getting at. I only stated that the 3" lift springs were crap, that 3" of lift without new upper control arms to take care of the binding issues was a horrible idea. I also never stated that the springs were his design or product. He chose to use them, and they turned out to be junk for long term use. I think that rather than new members finding the thread, not reading the whole thing to find out that they weren't good over the long haul, and buying those springs is bad for the forum overall. I am a member of several forums, and whenever a member does anything that is negative for the forum, all their threads are deleted. I don't personally know Roadbully, so I guess the shady comment was a bit out of line, but with so many people complaining about his business practices, and the fact that he does not get on to comment on the questions and statements made in threads he started, I think it would be better to just delete them.

xplorerguru
please Chris aka xplorerguru you allways defend him he made a good product. i give him credit for that ,but he was and allways will be a theif and a con he still as clients looking for their parts or money the only reason he paid me back $1350.00 was I sent cops after him and was taking him to court to sue him. so Chris you just keep defending him it just brings you down that is all.

P.S he takes the money you pay for your parts makes them sends pics and puts them on his Explorer that is how he builds his truck up by the way I still have all the email from him and pics of parts he was to build for me so i can prouve what i say ! including some from you Chris aka xplorerguru .I dont forget who stands by me and who srews with me remember that kid.

xplorerguru
please Chris aka xplorerguru you allways defend him he made a good product. i give him credit for that ,but he was and allways will be a theif and a con he still as clients looking for their parts or money the only reason he paid me back $1350.00 was I sent cops after him and was taking him to court to sue him. so Chris you just keep defending him it just brings you down that is all.

P.S he takes the money you pay for your parts makes them sends pics and puts them on his Explorer that is how he builds his truck up by the way I still have all the email from him and pics of parts he was to build for me so i can prouve what i say ! including some from you Chris aka xplorerguru .I dont forget who stands by me and who srews with me remember that kid.

Look man I have no will to argue with you anymore (you have confused me to the max!), i have spoken my peace. I have and will protect my friends, i have many on here. This trash talking is nonsense. Please mods do us a favor and delete this thread and the one as the sticky.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:D
Um excuse me sir but i don't believe you have read all the threads yourself as well.... If you read the coilsprings thread you will learn that a three inch longer spring is 3 inches longer then the original but when compressed it is not.... They also settle over time and been proven to work for a very mild lift one that doesn't effect the ball joints even with the 3inch springs because the lift itself is smaller then a 3 inch spacer....

If you also read the threads on the spacers you will see that a 2 inch spacer will give you more then 2 inches of lift, where a coil spring will give you less. I believe (someone that has read the springs thread correct me if im wrong) a three inch spring settles to about a 2 inch to 1.5 lift.....

Also his method he used was the springs he didnt prefer them because they settled so much. I keep in weekly contact with him and know a lot about the explorers. he currently has upper arms with king shocks... yea long travel baby!

Like i said you stated his method of springs where "shoddy" well dude if you actually read he didnt produce springs he was the first builder to produce spacers and was overwhelmed and it tanked.....

HIS EX LOWER ARMS WITH 3 INCH COIL SPRINGS
3.jpg

OTHER MEMBERS EX LOWER ARMS WITH 2 INCH SPACERS
DSCN0691.jpg

please before you rant READ!

But isn't wheel travel the same with spacers as the spring/coil can still only recoil/compress the same where as with a "lifted" h/duty (read heavy duty not standard here) spring generally has more space between "each" coil so therefore can compress/expand more + being taller = more travel, doesn't it.
Least ways that's what all us Ozzies see it as & do with 2", 4" & 6" lift kits from companies such as ARB, TJM, King Springs, Dobinson etc etc on everything from Patrols, Landcruisers, Jeeps & so on. Oh & of course the extended shocks to suit. :australia

p.s. when I mean compress more I mean where a standard one might compress umm say 3" a taller/raised coil might be able to compress say 5" & that means more wheel travel which also means more chance of keeping all 4 wheels on the ground with traction rather than lifting a wheel & having less traction, that's all

Back