Body Lift

RoadBully

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Saint John, NB
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer XLS '02
I know it's been talked about a few times on here, but has anyone on the board actually done a body lift on their 3rd gen yet?
I got a quote from national 4wd in my area to customize a ranger body lift to work, they're talking around 900 bucks installed.
Pretty crazy for a 3" body lift, but I'm sure it would give the look I want with the 3" coil springs and some 32's.
If anyones done it themselves and can give some pointers on how much custom fab work had to be done, that would be a great help, as I may just do it myself.

Thanks for any updates you might have.

cheers

Ben.
:navajo:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same here in VA. "High Dust" $900.00 I saw a guy at the car wash he had a 3" Bl and 33/10.50/15 on a 02. the tires rubbed but it looked prety good and the hitch was in the right place. He said High Dust gave him a package lift rims and tires 1,800.00

I have an 02 with Two inch spring lifts front and back and a four inch body lift from a ranger. I am running 32"s and they don't rub.

Around $700-1200 here...

I have an 02 with Two inch spring lifts front and back and a four inch body lift from a ranger. I am running 32"s and they don't rub.

What year body lift did you use?

Yeah where are all the pics of these Body lifts????? Somebody hook us up.

Yeah, share the wealth people...

Ok, there's gotta be someone here with a body lift on their 3rd Gen.
I'm going to be ordering the 01-05 ranger lift and making it fit in the next couple of weeks, but if someone knows that another kit works better, please pipe up and SAY SOMETHING.

thanks

Ben.

O Ben,
your out of control now, we've created a monster
Scotty

LOL, I just can't help myself!!!

ive been hearing that the way to go on our 3rd gen is spindles and not coil springs

ive been hearing that the way to go on our 3rd gen is spindles and not coil springs

Not sure where you've been hearing this, but as of now, the only two options are custom coilsprings, and Rancho quicklift. (at least that we know of)
We've had some bad reviews on quicklift, and so far not a bad word about custom coil springs. (from coilsprings.com)

We're always anxious to hear about new suspension options though, do you know where one would find these spindles?

There are quite a few threads about this.

Although this thread is about which body lift we can use with our Explorers.

cheers

Ben.

well i was talking to a guy who used to work on trucks for a living, and he says that since our cars arent i-beam the safer way to go is to install spindles. they are more expensive than the coil springs but the beauty of it is you can put a 3inch on the front and blocks on the rear and your suspension ride stays completely stock and you get the full 3inch lift. he says coil springs have a risk, and history, of damaging the ball joints

Where are you putting blocks in the rear?
You do realize that these are 4 wheel independant right?

you must be mistaken FOUR INCH? was that a typo? :scratch: for your sake i hope so, good luck passing inspection with over 3 inch spacers.. (you will fail like you have no windshield) but if you dont run her on the street,.... more power to ya.

you must be mistaken FOUR INCH? was that a typo? :scratch: for your sake i hope so, good luck passing inspection with over 3 inch spacers.. (you will fail like you have no windshield) but if you dont run her on the street,.... more power to ya.

that dude is probably ****ting with us to see how much hype he can cause esp the 4 inch body lift part... he hasnt proven it with pictures yet

I've sent him a PM asking for details, and an email.
He may just not check often... but i have a feeling you're right bigapple.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've sent him a PM asking for details, and an email.
He may just not check often... but i have a feeling you're right bigapple.

lets hope he was just shady on the details and actually has it done... itd be interesting to see

Back