Bed Liner On Rusting Running Boards | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bed Liner On Rusting Running Boards

Aluminum

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Just Painted My Rusted Up Running Boards With Bed Liner

IMAG0253.jpg

IMAG0254.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just Painted My Rusted Up Running Boards With Bed Liner

What did you use? It looks like its the rubberized type rather than the stiff gritty stuff.

What did you use? It looks like its the rubberized type rather than the stiff gritty stuff.

I used Herculiner It Feels Rougher And More Textured Then It Looks

Prep for paint

Thanks for the post.. This is exactly what I was looking to find on this site- I am a novice but this seems simple enough. What did you do to prep the boards? Did you dig out the rust areas or just sand it ?

Nothing like reviving a year old thread! But that's ok, I was just going to do it too. My 01's are pretty bad, as I believe they actually get water in them, and they sit. I was going to use a wire sanding disc to take off the surface rust, pop out the plastic tops, then spray. I love this idea of using bedliner spray!

Nothing like reviving a year old thread! But that's ok, I was just going to do it too. My 01's are pretty bad, as I believe they actually get water in them, and they sit. I was going to use a wire sanding disc to take off the surface rust, pop out the plastic tops, then spray. I love this idea of using bedliner spray!

I blasted mine and had them powder coated. Turned out great!

Back