• Register Today It's free!

Motor oil advice needed...

zecolleman

Reaction score
City, State
Skagströnd ICELAND
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 limited
In the manual it say Motorcraft 5w-20 but here in Iceland that not an option. So I have been using Pennzoil 5w-20 but now that is not an option anymore. So here are my options.

MAX 1 ADVANCED 5w-20
JOE GIBBS XP1 5w-20
FORMULA SHELL 5w-20

I think there are just these three that are 5w-20.. So do I use one of these or should I use 5w-30 Mobil or some other high quality brand??????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In the manual it say Motorcraft 5w-20 but here in Iceland that not an option. So I have been using Pennzoil 5w-20 but now that is not an option anymore. So here are my options.

MAX 1 ADVANCED 5w-20
JOE GIBBS XP1 5w-20
FORMULA SHELL 5w-20

I think there are just these three that are 5w-20.. So do I use one of these or should I use 5w-30 Mobil or some other high quality brand??????

The manual will always state to use Ford products just so they can sell more of their own brand. I would stick with the 5w-20 weight oil since that is the required oil viscosity for your engine. I don't know much on your oil choices since you live in Iceland and are limited in the types of brands you can get a hold of. Joe Gibbs, if it's the same person, was an American NFL coach who also has a NASCAR racing team and I'm familar with Shell, the big oil company. Just make sure it is the right type of oil for your specific engine.

Remember that it is Synthetic-Blend

You can get away with 5W-30 just fine if it is that much easier to procure.

Ok found one more.
AMALIE PRO SYNTHETIC 5w20

Does anyone know something about it???

I use a Synthetic-Blend in my Explorer. I do an oil, filter and rotate my tires every 5,000 miles. If you go with a Full Synthetic, I would do an oil change at 7,000 to 8,000 miles to off-set the cost. Pick a good brand name and stick with it.

ok went with this on, only full synthetic 5w20 motor oil in Iceland.....
ATTACH]

Back