Nate's 2001 Ford Explorer V8 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2001 Ford Explorer V8

Well after parting ways with my 2005 Ford Explorer, I picked up a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT. I know who the last owner was, and they took great care of it. It has a few scratches and dents, but otherwise it's in great shape! It has the 5.0L V8 with AWD. It has a 3.55 open differential, and 107,900 miles.

Since my last Explorer got named the "Golden Bandit" this one will be named... The "Harvest Bandit" as the color is Harvest Gold.

Enough chat, more pics:
1-4.jpg

5-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh God- Nate, no matter what you do, avoid the automotive failure of the Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon. I'd go Frontier or Tacoma or Subaru BRAT before I'd get a Colorado. I just don't know anyone that likes them after a year of ownership. I'm sure not everyone hates them, some people like them, I just don't know any- and I know 7-8 people that have them. :thumbdwn:

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Pics from my recent wheeling trip. Went a little more extreme, but no action shots.

s2-1.jpg

s3-1.jpg

s10.jpg

s4-1.jpg

s9.jpg

s5-1.jpg

s1-1.jpg

s8.jpg

s7.jpg

s6-1.jpg

Wow Nate- beautiful country... :thumbsup:

Replaced all the plugs. Little oily looking on the threads, but for 112k miles they look fairly good.
plugs.jpg

Finally inherited my dad's 98 Explorer...again. lol I'm deciding this Explorer is going up for sale, and I've got my eye on a TJ Wrangler and a ZJ Grand Cherokee for the wife (she doesn't need anything too new with the way she crashes cars :rolleyes:). Let me know if you're interested in my Explorer. Very nice condition.

Do I need to ask you to post some more pics mate :D?

A big congrats on tying the knot mate (allbeit belated, OK, Ok extremely belated :D)

Thanks Greg!

So I got rid of that Jeep to get a Ford Taurus with a bad steering pump (planning on making $1k off of the taurus). Got a project Mustang thats been wrecked on the front end to rebuild. I only have it while I'm repairing it, then it goes back to the guy who is having me fix it. This thing is going to take some time to rebuild, but its money in the bank.

Also buying a Wrangler that needs some body work... :rolleyes: I need to calm down on the projects.

Nate, I haven't been on this thread in a while? Did you get married? If so, congrats.

No such thing as too many projects. :p:

What year mustang are you working on?

Me with my brand new '89 GT:

vbpgimage.php

Nice looking 5.0 in that pic! :thumbsup:
Its a 2003, V6, with an auto trans. Not too fancy but it has a salvage title (owner took money from insurance and bought it back). The drivetrain and suspension is good, but the body panels on the front are completely smashed up. It had a custom paint job, but its just going to be painted stock sonic blue color.

The marriage is in the planning process. She just gets mad if I don't call her my wife. :p:

Nice looking 5.0 in that pic! :thumbsup:
Its a 2003, V6, with an auto trans. Not too fancy but it has a salvage title (owner took money from insurance and bought it back). The drivetrain and suspension is good, but the body panels on the front are completely smashed up. It had a custom paint job, but its just going to be painted stock sonic blue color.

The marriage is in the planning process. She just gets mad if I don't call her my wife. :p:

Thanks for the update.

Starting the XLT Sport conversion on my truck. Just like my Ironman Conversion on my 05 this will feature a very sleek stock, but capable look. Its all going to tie in to everything. The theme of this truck is "Go anywhere, do anything." Just like the 2010 XLT Sport, its for an active person who loves sports and being outdoors.

First part: A new emblem.
564962_376991632380530_681002517_n.jpg

Ignore the blue in the center. That's just my phone's reflection

Features:
16" OEM Wheels
2" "Factory" lift kit
Rear Lunchbox locker
XLT Sport Tail Lights
Black XLT Sport headlights (not tinted)
Yakima Ski Rack (winters)
Yakima Load Warrior (Off Road)
Yakima Bike Rack (Biking)
MAC Exhaust
Skid Plate Package
All Wheel Drive
5.0L V8

Should have most of this done by May!

A lot of this will be a day conversion. It will all be done at once. Mainly the Headlights, Ski Rack, tail lights and emblems will be done by the months end, hopefully.

What?! Where did you find that badge?!

Check ebay. Lots of factory badges... I have a non-sport 4th gen badge on mine.

DSCF8049.jpg

Oh! Sorry, what I meant was that there is an actual 2010 Sport model? Is that the one with the 20" rims and the fancy AWD symbol?

Yep. That is the sport model. I got this through a dealership. Im getting the fancy awd emblem as well

Nate/Dirtster, any way you guys can measure those badges?? Looking to replace my second 2nd genration badge.

I have a picture of the new and old emblem side by side on the truck. I'll upload it soon

531787_406801916066168_567473707_n_zps1240cadc.jpg

Got my AWD emblem. Now to get some headlights and I can start piecing this thing together!

nice emblems Nate. Any idea if the EXPLORER emblem is available without XLT (just SPORT)? And do u have the measurements of the Explorer logo?

I do not believe that emblem is available like that. I don't but I can get em.

And today, I traded her in today for a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

528217_407204506025909_2120636146_n_zpsb5207da2.jpg

Back