Nate's 2001 Ford Explorer V8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Nate's 2001 Ford Explorer V8

Well after parting ways with my 2005 Ford Explorer, I picked up a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT. I know who the last owner was, and they took great care of it. It has a few scratches and dents, but otherwise it's in great shape! It has the 5.0L V8 with AWD. It has a 3.55 open differential, and 107,900 miles.

Since my last Explorer got named the "Golden Bandit" this one will be named... The "Harvest Bandit" as the color is Harvest Gold.

Enough chat, more pics:
1-4.jpg

5-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a really nice truck, Nate... :thumbsup:

First thing's first. I need to buy a battery.
For mods it's going to get an exhaust first; then an intake. After that I shall move to a lift kit and I should have it lifted by the end of the summer.

EDIT:
Thanks Joe! Wish I could have bought your Explorer, but glad to know you're keeping her a bit longer.

Niice! On a side note how do you get a motor that clean?

The dealership cleaned it. :p:

The dealership wanted to keep them on or else they would have offered less for my truck.

Nice Ex Nate!!

Thanks! I'm still kicking around here...now with just 2 second gens! :) I need to swap gears and skid plates. Big Red has 3.73's and skid plates; the 01 has 3.55's and no skid plates.

Looks good, I see a 4406 swap coming your way. Good build platform. :)

Nice Ride,

you are going to like how much easier it is to lift ..

Nice Ride,

you are going to like how much easier it is to lift ..

Hell yeah on that. I was looking at the shocks last night and was amazed on how much easier it will be to change em.
This should be an interesting and a learning build. I'm new to the field of 5.0's, but I feel like I'm an expert with 4.0's.

Thanks! I'm still kicking around here...now with just 2 second gens! :) I need to swap gears and skid plates. Big Red has 3.73's and skid plates; the 01 has 3.55's and no skid plates.

I hope you're kidding. That sounds like WAY too much work for such a little change.

I hope you're kidding. That sounds like WAY too much work for such a little change.

I probably wouldnt. lol. The V8 has enough power to move 31's or 33's decently. I just need skid plates...

I will say that the difference between 3.55s and 4.10s is very noticeable. My parents new ex has 3.55s and 235/75/15s and I have 4.10s and 265/75/16s. Even with the larger tires mine still feels much more responsive and quick.

Congrats on the new ex, btw.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would think the V8 would still be good with 3.55's with an intake and exhaust of course. Not sure though. I wish I could have gotten a 3.73, but I couldn't pass up a deal on this well taken care of Explorer.
I plan on getting an exhaust very soon. Lift kit shouldn't be bad.

If anyone has an AAL and/or Warrior shackles that they don't want anymore let me know. :)

Back