Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 105 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Thanks guys I don't have any build threads on the snorkel or t-case. But I can tell you the t-case is straight bolt in out of a 94 ranger just have to figure out the linkage setup

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice job on the snorkel. I'm thinking about seeing if I can get a new fender and redoing mine so that it's closer to the pillar.

TT+BL & TT+BL+superlift

Does anyone have any pics of their truck with TT&BL then added Superlift?

So their is a pretty good diffrence with the Superlift? I wanna go higher than my BL&TT but it's my daily driver and I don't have enough time to do a SAS!

I'm going to keep what I have and run coilovers in the fRon on the ifs and ditch the torsion bars

Finally got around to doing a TT adding 2 inches for a total of 5'' lift in the front and 3" in the back. Also installed Rancho RS5000s all around and damn it feels good to not feel like I'm riding around in a boat in choppy water. Now all I need is the 285s and 1.5 inch spacers and it'll be somewhat "done" if you could ever call a truck that.

IMG_2383_zps1ac39c01.jpg

Nice, get 1.25" spacers for the front and 1.5" for the rear and you'll be better off. I had 1.5's f/r and had horrible rubbing issues even with tons of trimming, cutting of pinch weld and more.

Nice, get 1.25" spacers for the front and 1.5" for the rear and you'll be better off. I had 1.5's f/r and had horrible rubbing issues even with tons of trimming, cutting of pinch weld and more.

Good to know, I'll get the 1.25" then

Finally got around to doing a TT adding 2 inches for a total of 5'' lift in the front and 3" in the back. Also installed Rancho RS5000s all around and damn it feels good to not feel like I'm riding around in a boat in choppy water. Now all I need is the 285s and 1.5 inch spacers and it'll be somewhat "done" if you could ever call a truck that.

IMG_2383_zps1ac39c01.jpg

hi. nice ST.
may i know what's the model number for the rancho rs5000 you got for this awesome ride?

hi. nice ST.
may i know what's the model number for the rancho rs5000 you got for this awesome ride?

It was Rancho RS5374 for the front (if you have a torsion twist on your truck. If not it's RS5229) and RS5185 for the rear.

It was Rancho RS5374 for the front (if you have a torsion twist on your truck. If not it's RS5229) and RS5185 for the rear.

Thanks for your reply,TGtrac05!

Did the ranchos give you any additional lift?
I heard taht if you put on new shocks they add up another inch or so.?!

I used those same shocks and they didn't give me any extra lift. Just a much better ride.

Shocks don't give your truck lift, they extend and collapse with the suspension to control the ride/ travel rebound speed.

My add a leaf went crazy, almost 5 inches. I got the long ones and should have gotten the short ones. I will be ordering the short ones tomorrow. It rides like crap also. I put four turns in the torsion bolts, probably gonna take one round out. The tires are 265/70/17's on 17x8 Mustang wheels. 1 1/2 inch spacers front and 2 inch rear.

Attachments

• 0211151749.jpg
    0211151749.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 556
  • 0211151748.jpg
    0211151748.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 558

Well, I guess that confirms that I do need the long add a leaf. Sucks about the bad ride but I think you might think the same about the short. I like how mine rides with the short leaf but it's definitely more, I don't know, rigid might be the right word.

I had the short add a leaf with the warrior shackle on my other ST I sold a couple of years ago and it rode great. I have the shackle only on my V8 ST and it rides fine. "Rigid" would work for me, kinda reminds my of a lowered mini truck with no suspension travel, very bouncy. I think the only reason its not higher is the shocks are topped out which is making the bad ride. You wanna buy my long add a leafs? I will have them back off next week.

Well guys and gals, it's been four years since John Rock passed away. Post up stories or pictures you have of him, his rig and have a moment of silence for him. Then go wheelin' and remember how much he's helped and influenced us over the years.

John, you will forever be missed buddy!!!

johnstone_4wheeloffroad.jpg

His rig was the first one that truly inspired me to get into the offroad seen with my Trac. It's been the wallpaper on my old iPod for about the last 6 or so years.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And now it's become this:

F3F05602-6486-4DA0-A673-DB1175C3FEC7_zpsq3q3n1uh.jpg

D88A50E0-8F02-43C2-BF56-EAC6315AA806_zpspklmicn7.jpg

0E32F172-F0D3-4E37-97E3-607596DF9911_zpsicvdgvqd.jpg

AD234754-E928-4175-8326-D0EF72403044_zpsbylkxn7k.jpg

DEE9E70D-6D39-485E-9DF5-648C87677724_zpsryg4504y.jpg

E7AE2020-05D2-496F-97CB-D274F1E19F5E_zpslzr6nmjf.jpg

Back