• Register Today It's free!

Clear Price vs Xplan

QueenCarter

Reaction score
City, State
Bowie, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Focus
After a lot of research and talking to several different people, I'm still confused about the Xplan. Some people claim they have saved between $7-10,000 using the Xplan. I understand you can stack incentives but what if a dealers clear price is lower than the Xplan price? For example, I used the VIN for the 2016 Explorer Limited that I want. I looked at the Xplan price online =$46,160 then I also looked at the clear price =$44,821 the dealer listed. I have also looked at other threads here for people's experienced on Xplan. Is it strange that the clear price is cheaper than the Xplan? What am I missing here?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not familiar with the clear price, but two things you want to check are:

1) Who keeps rebates. With X-plan you still get the rebates. No idea with Clear price.

2) Dealer fees are capped with X-plan. They will vary from dealer to dealer but X-plan caps them which can save you hundreds.

I'll be interested to hear what you find out. Good luck!

Ok so I took a picture of the Clear Price, but i can't figure out how to post it here.

Here is the info on the Clear Price. Since I cant post a photo, I copied the text. This doesn't include the extra $1,500 that I will be able to apply. The $1,500 can be applied to both the Xplan and the following. I am assuming the aforementioned Xplan price that I found online is prior to incentives and taxes.
Clear Price: $44,821
+ Advertised Incentives $1,750
= Sale Price (Before Incentives) $46,571

+ Destination & Delivery $895
+ Dealer Processing $300
= Price Before Tax $47,766

Choose State Maryland
x Enter Local Tax Rate ( Ex: 6%) 6%
Do You Have a Trade In? No
Tax Amount 2,865.96
= Price After Tax 50,631.96
+ Titling & Registration (Est.) $351
= Delivered $ Pre Incentives 50,982.96
= Total Delivered 49,232.96

Upload to photobucket... then copy link and paste it in the folder option here.

Never heard of clear price. What is that ?

If you go to appleford.com you can look at their inventory and see they provide an MSRP price and and a clear price. I don't know enough or understand enough to really break it down. Here is the disclaimer "Apple Ford Lincoln has developed this tool to be as transparent as possible regarding our advertised prices. Simply select your state, input your tax rate, and if you have a trade check the box and give it a value. Next, click the question mark icon to view the incentive restrictions and deselect the available incentives that do not apply to you. You now have an “Out the Door” price estimate for your new vehicle of interest! We hope you find this tool helpful and we look forward to seeing you soon."

Apple Ford Clear Price vs Xplan

image_zpsfulueb8z.jpg

image_zpskhrqjw4m.jpg

Back