• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

5th Gen Explorer With LED Light Bar

15Limited

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited 4x4
Thanks for the merge.

So I have the light bars now in the mail. I have a 24" and a 20" RGB bar. The dealer is going to install them for me.

I've been looking everywhere for a stock looking aux lighting switch but haven't found much. Anyone with an interceptor care to chime in if you have any additional switches? I would love to pick up a stock looking interceptor part if i can find it to make the bars work.

UPDATE:
I think I figured it out. These two parts on a vehicle without the extra switches will give me three buttons. 2018 explorer xlt

Switch Panel - Ford FB5Z-7804338-DA

Tract Control Switch - Ford (BB5Z-13D730-AA)

Ive ordered these two parts, Ill update as to how it works out. I might need to find a sticker or something to stick on top of the stock switch designs
Do you have any pics of these two parts? The Ford online drawings don’t give a very good image.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Jason Williams

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT
Just curious what you mounted the light to? I have a 2013 XLT and that spot has nothing solid to bolt to. Thanks for any help you could give.

Last edited by a moderator:

fullwoodj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT V6 4wd
So I just put a lightbar in behind my grille. It was actually fairly easy despite how the photos look!!! I know that it looks very hard, but these fords are fairly easy to work on!!! It's a cheapo depot light from amazon that is $79. I bought the "spot" version just as the application site would make the fog version almost impossible. The light bracket is from Offroad Alliance ( Crown Offroad Auxiliary Switch Panel ) and I LOVE IT! I ran the wires up behind the bumper support where the stock fog light wiring harness is currently. I will have more photos of the placement of the fuse block location, how I tied it all together etc, soon.

Last edited:

RhinoQuartz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Explorer Base
So I just put a lightbar in behind my grille. It was actually fairly easy despite how the photos look!!! I know that it looks very hard, but these fords are fairly easy to work on!!! It's a cheapo depot light from amazon that is $79. I bought the "spot" version just as the application site would make the fog version almost impossible. The light bracket is from Offroad Alliance ( Crown Offroad Auxiliary Switch Panel ) and I LOVE IT! I ran the wires up behind the bumper support where the stock fog light wiring harness is currently. I will have more photos of the placement of the fuse block location, how I tied it all together etc, soon.

FYI, pictures are not showing.

To post pics on the site, you can use a 3rd party image hosting site, such as imgur, or you can take out an 'Elite Explorer' subscription ($20/annual) and upload straight from your computer.

fullwoodj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT V6 4wd

To post pics on the site, you can use a 3rd party image hosting site, such as imgur, or you can take out an 'Elite Explorer' subscription ($20/annual) and upload straight from your computer.
You have to right click and then open in new window for them to open. It’s from imgur.

RhinoQuartz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Explorer Base
You have to right click and then open in new window for them to open. It’s from imgur.
Interesting, they weren't showing up for me as links, only fragmented IMG lines.

Edit: strike that, I figured it out.

Last edited:

Jason Williams

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT

Thank you, as somebody just posted the pics didnt come through. Of I provide my email could you send them to me?

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

The pictures will show if you use Google Chrome and right click on the 'image' and then select "Open image in a new tab". I was able to view all of them.

Peter

RhinoQuartz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Explorer Base
The pictures will show if you use Google Chrome and right click on the 'image' and then select "Open image in a new tab". I was able to view all of them.

Peter
I was on chrome on my computer and they didn't seem to work. Same on my phone. Probably just me though.

fullwoodj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT V6 4wd

Thank you, as somebody just posted the pics didnt come through. Of I provide my email could you send them to me?
Sure Jason! Just send it as a message to me and I will do that right away! Actually that goes for everyone, I had some complications with loading the images so if you shoot me a message on here with your email, I would be more than happy to email you the pics. Also, big thanks to Peter, because that’s how you view them!

Jason Williams

Reaction score
City, State
London, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer XLT

Sure Jason! Just send it as a message to me and I will do that right away! Actually that goes for everyone, I had some complications with loading the images so if you shoot me a message on here with your email, I would be more than happy to email you the pics. Also, big thanks to Peter, because that’s how you view them!
Thank you so much. My email is -qtipp33@gmail.com

KayGee

Reaction score
City, State
Farmington, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'16 & '17 PIU

imgur shouldn't have any issues with displaying images - no need to right click and open in new window. Just go back to your post with the images and edit your links and the pictures should display correctly.

Copy the BBCode link direct from imgur that already has the image tags with it and paste it into your post.

Or, enter the correct tags before and after the image link - [i mg] before and [/img] after (remove the space from the first tag so it works correctly)

fullwoodj

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT V6 4wd
imgur shouldn't have any issues with displaying images - no need to right click and open in new window. Just go back to your post with the images and edit your links and the pictures should display correctly.

Copy the BBCode link direct from imgur that already has the image tags with it and paste it into your post.

Or, enter the correct tags before and after the image link - [i mg] before and [/img] after (remove the space from the first tag so it works correctly)

Hey thanks!!!! I did it!

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Anabil

Reaction score
City, State
Dammam
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
I did this a couple of months of months a go. I agonized over where to mount it. Wanted to mount it as high as possible, within the grille of course as I'm going for stock look anyway. And I wanted it completely outside of any airways. Couldn't bring myself to cut an opening for it. It will not have a good finish I knew it. I ended up mounting it as the photo but I opened another air passage in the plastic exactly above that. So airflow is almost unchanged. Works pretty well in the deserts and in dark storehouses districts where I have to be often.

https://i.imgur.com/s6hKBqq.jpg

Imgur

Last edited:

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa, Ontario area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
No picture.:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Justanothername

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 xlt
For my 2011, I run a 20" light bar on the bottom grill in the middle of the fog lights (grill removed). Depending on the light bar you get, you can mount it with the pre-existing screw taps on the bottom of the metal bumper and you don't need to drill anything. My light bar had slider mounts on it, so I mounted it and slid it over to center it. I have no issue with airflow. Also, since its just a 20 inch, and doesn't draw much amps, I connected directly with my fog lights so it comes on with my fog light switch.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T 5th Gen Explorer Photo Thread Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 270
O Question regarding Daytime Running LED's on 5th Gen Explorer (Picture) Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 82
R Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 513
K Adding Recovery Hooks on 5th Gen? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 13
S Custom lift for 5th gen? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
Rick List of Useful Threads Modified 5th Gen Forum's Best Threads Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
N tire chains? anyone with 5th gen experiance Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
K Is it possible to put a coyote 5.0 in a 5th gen? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
T 5th gen LED bulbs? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 8
I What did you do to your 5th Gen today? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2024
F 5th gen lowered??? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
jcerrion How To: Trim the lower fasica bumper on a 5th gen X Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
P Other possible seat swaps besides Flex and other 5th gens? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
Rick Modified 5th gens for new "Benchmark" page Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
B Gen 5 T-Rex Grille? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
M nuB with a fifth gen sport.. Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 12
C Wheel sizing between Gen 4 & 5 Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
C skid plate / undercarriage / lower vent for Gen 5 Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
M Aftermarket Accessories for Explorer Gen 5 Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
I Factory Tow Hitch Kit for Gen 5 Explorer c/w Video Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 34
C 2019 Explorer Sport Speaker Install/Discussion Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
J 2014 Explorer Audio Modification. Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
D 2016 explorer leveling kit Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
are6rider 2015 Ford Explorer Stock Speaker Upgrade - Sony System Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 20
L 18 mustang wheels on 17 explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
J Hide wooden trim in explorer? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
J Tow/Haul Mode 2011 Explorer without tow package Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
G Installation of Power running boards on my ford explorer 2015 XLT Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
TJ@Steeda Steeda New Product Release: Steeda F-150/Explorer Pro-Flow Blow-Off Valve Adapter (2011-2019) Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
C Explorer sport 9006/9012 upgrade Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
J Issues with FORScan in 2018 Explorer Sport Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 21
TJ@Steeda Now Available: Steeda Explorer Adjustable Toe Links Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 10
M Headlight/Fog light upgrade for 2015 Explorer Sport Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 24
M 2018 Explorer Speaker Install Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 37
9 2016 Explorer Sport Downpipes or Borla Catback Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
E 2019 Explorer XLT Audio Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
expoman55 2019 and 2020 Explorer wheel pattern & tire size. Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
J Upgrades for 2018 Explorer XLT Base? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
J How to "Sportify"/black out my non sport explorer? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
D New Explorer owner ready to modify Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
G 2015 ford explorer XLT Door Unlock Wire Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
B Any more upgrades to a 14 NA Explorer? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
F 2019 Explorer Sport thermostat change Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
Z Setina PB 400 Push Bar installation help 2012 Explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
C Any of the PIU front bumper components fit base Explorer? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
S Need Help - Explorer Not Shifting Up When Floored - Bigger Tires 295 45 20 and SCT Tune Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
T Lincoln Navigator 22’s on Explorer Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 6
T Mounting gun box (security box) to 2014 explorer sport (floor mount) Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
ghosted Some good, but mostly hilarious Explorer mods Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 10
F Borla Cat-back install on my 2014 Explorer Sport Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 13