• Register Today It's free!

Cross Traffic / B.L.I.S. Fault

Wilkinda65

Reaction score
City, State
Lithia, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
So my B.L.I.S. / Cross Traffic shows a fault after driving in a rainstorm yesterday. It showed up on the dash with the faults as well as a message in the FordPass so I'll have something to show the service department on Monday. Truck has sat all night in the garage so I'll see if it is cleared up today. I already tried stopping the truck, shutting off, exiting, locking, waiting 5 minutes and restarting. Did it several times but it did not clear.

Anyone else have this issue yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had faults when driving our 5th gen during heavybrain.. that only happened due to the rad as r not being able to detect (ie see) through the rain. Once the heavy rain subsided, it would return to normal.

Hopefully that is just the case with yours. If the sensors were you, it's like driving without wipers.. if you (it) cant see, it faults alerting you.

I have the A10 map sd card (2019 maps). Does the ST use the same sd cards and if so what map version did it come with?

There is no SD card. That stopped with Sync 3. Only MFT used SD cards.

I've had faults when driving our 5th gen during heavybrain.. that only happened due to the rad as r not being able to detect (ie see) through the rain. Once the heavy rain subsided, it would return to normal.

Hopefully that is just the case with yours. If the sensors were you, it's like driving without wipers.. if you (it) cant see, it faults alerting you.
I wasn’t even driving when the issue first presented itself. Had dropped my girlfriend off at her place. When I started the truck to drive home it started right after startup and did it for the rest of the day

I wasn’t even driving when the issue first presented itself. Had dropped my girlfriend off at her place. When I started the truck to drive home it started right after startup and did it for the rest of the day
wanted to bring closure to this issue.....are you the gentleman on the Facebook group that just had a loose wire on his system? That is a relatively minor issue that would mean this is not really an across the board issue....thanks...John

What did the fault message say John?

System Errors
If the system detects a fault, a warning
lamp illuminates and a message displays.
See Information Messages (page 119).

Peter

?

wanted to bring closure to this issue.....are you the gentleman on the Facebook group that just had a loose wire on his system? That is a relatively minor issue that would mean this is not really an across the board issue....thanks...John
Yes, that was me

Here is the message

B5C38AFC-95A9-4CD9-BB98-7474F2FE277A.jpeg

54A6D6AD-729A-4FDE-BCB5-501F03D33299.jpeg

Yes I got this on my ST. It was the defective bliss sensor module at the rear left of the vehicle. It's from factory. What happened is that the connector pins of the module were rusted and it created a hiccup in the complete electrical system. They rusted because there is a from factory defect on the isolation protecting from water. At least this is what it was for me. The module needed to be replaced with a non-defective one and the whole vehicle re-programmed, which took a lot of times as this created a fair amount of errors on modules not communicating between each other.

Thank you for that info Phileas. :thumbsup: Something to consider when others have the issue.

Peter

Funny my 2020 limited just started doing this yesterday. So happened we just experience a tropical depression in South Florida. Scheduled service next weekend. That suck, having to go through this with a brand new vehicle less than 3 months old.

Actually, it is just not a new vehicle, it’s a new Ford model. So some hiccups are expected I guess until it settles over some time. That’s the risk you always go into with new models...

Every new vehicle can have its issues whether they are a new model or not. The 5th gen Forum is full of problems still happening on all model years.

Peter

Really? The 6th generation Explorer is my first Ford ever. Sounds scary.

Every new vehicle can have its issues whether they are a new model or not. The 5th gen Forum is full of problems still happening on all model years.

Peter
Somewhat true. My 2016 had no issues. The only thing I experienced in the 4 years I had were. One of the lift gate arms was making a click sound at certain point. And an issue cause by the mechanic when I made them change the sunroof motor. He forgot to put a seal back and left some debris that prevented the system to drain properly. It caused it to leak when it rained.

Really? The 6th generation Explorer is my first Ford ever. Sounds scary.
I know I feel you on that. I will be going to the dealer to have a talk with them. If I experience more issues with new car I’m going to be really pissed. This is a 55,000 vehicle and should be par above the rest.

Don't forget that many parts/systems used in a $60k vehicle are the same as those used in a $30k vehicle. I'm sure there are also many owner's of lower priced vehicles (KIA/Hyundai) that are having very few issues. Price doesn't always equate to fewer problems.

Peter

Understand that but the quality of workmanship should be better.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well of course went to dealer today and system showing no fault so they say. I told them if it comes up again i will be bringing it back and they need to have someone available to look at it at that moment.

Back