Hadyn

Reaction score
City, State
DADE CITY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 eddie bauer v8
Hello
New to the explorer world.
Just picked up a 1999 eddie bauer v8 2wd. The leather seats are toast.
I have found to very nice leather seats from a 2000 limited. But the have heated seats. Would the still work in my 99. Same harness and connectors.
Also will the heated seats still work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No problem swapping seats. But, if your current vehicle is not wired for heated seats, the heat function on the replacement seats will not function. In other words, it's not simply a plug-n-play swap and voila you've got heat. Even if it were, it's a toss up as to whether the heat function will still work after all these years. I went thru this when swapping from cloth to leather seats in my '98. Tried a couple sets of nice looking seats at the JY and heat function didn't work on either. Just gave up and figured I'd either do without or go with aftermarket some day. Besides, I lived without heated leather seats all these years with my Sable here in MN and I managed.

No problem swapping seats. But, if your current vehicle is not wired for heated seats, the heat function on the replacement seats will not function. In other words, it's not simply a plug-n-play swap and voila you've got heat. Even if it were, it's a toss up as to whether the heat function will still work after all these years. I went thru this when swapping from cloth to leather seats in my '98. Tried a couple sets of nice looking seats at the JY and heat function didn't work on either. Just gave up and figured I'd either do without or go with aftermarket some day. Besides, I lived without heated leather seats all these years with my Sable here in MN and I managed.
They can certainly be wired in if you want to put in the effort. They also sell kits to add heated seats to any car.

The explorers have the switch on the seat, if you have a wiring diagram you can find out how it is wired up and install. It is a bit of effort.

It is likely the elements will not work after all this time, so you can install aftermarket if you want it.

Thanks for the advice. Really just worried if the harness would still fit to be able to use the power seats. But heat would have been a bonus.

They can certainly be wired in if you want to put in the effort. They also sell kits to add heated seats to any car.

The explorers have the switch on the seat, if you have a wiring diagram you can find out how it is wired up and install. It is a bit of effort.

It is likely the elements will not work after all this time, so you can install aftermarket if you want it.
He advice

Yes...you will retain the power seat function with the swap. When I switched seats, my existing one on the passenger side wasn't power. I received this added bonus when I installed the "new" seats from a '96 Limited as the plug connection was already in place on my '98.

Yes...you will retain the power seat function with the swap. When I switched seats, my existing one on the passenger side wasn't power. I received this added bonus when I installed the "new" seats from a '96 Limited as the plug connection was already in place on my '98.
So an update and to let people know that after removing scrap yard seats and then trying to install they have different connections. The heated seats fron the 2000 would not fit the connector in the eddie bauer 1999.
So I have to return them. Its a shame the leather was so good on them.

Don't return them just yet. Surely someone on here knows the pinout for the two plugs. Then you can just rewire them as necessary.

Don't return them just yet. Surely someone on here knows the pinout for the two plugs. Then you can just rewire them as necessary.
Did not think of that.

Can't you just swap out the tracks/motor assemblies/harness from your E.B. to the Limited seats?

Not sure if it is relevant but when I installed 97 seats into our 1993 years back, 2 wires in the connector needed to be reversed in their position . You can probably re pin your connector to work.

You can also pull the connectors from the same car you got the seats, cut the wiring as far back as you can get. I don't think it would cost you very much.

Back