Had to do what i had to do.

Explore10FL

'10 Silverback gorilla
Reaction score
City, State
Orange Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT
Working on Orange Lake I drove down to the old boathouse on the property and probably should have walked. As you can see I had to get some wheel speed up to prevent getting stuck. The limited slip did its job and left some deep ruts, which I had to fill in. Times like this I do miss the 4×4 Bronco I once owned. But the Explorer held its own and i got out under my own power.

20220909_121443.jpg 20220909_121429.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is fun until you have to fix the damage. I bet it would be fun to drift across that grass.

It is fun until you have to fix the damage. I bet it would be fun to drift across that grass.
Yeah it wouldn't take much either in that wet grass. But like you said fixing the ruts is a drag

When I saw title I thought you were someone who gave up trying to repair their Explorer.....off to scrap yard !
This picture gives me nightmares... :)
scraper.jpg

When I saw title I thought you were someone who gave up trying to repair their Explorer.....off to scrap yard !
View attachment 434586
I have been there myself actually. My old '98 was beyond repair with frame and engine and trans damage. Not a good feeling.

View attachment 434586
Nightmares… so much is treated it is just disposable….

Back