• Register Today It's free!

Socal Natives

Space Pirate

Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Ford XLT
Just recently purchased a 1994 ford explorer 4x4 XLT! She's got some rust damage I could use some advice solving since she was parked on the beach for 8 months mostly just surface penetration ;0. I also am having a tough time removing the plastidip from the rims let me know if anyone has any ideas i've already tried wd-40 and a pressure washer but this dude coated it a couple times and ***** stuckkkk. There's also two options I'm debating on for oil which is high mileage purple rain full synthetic 10w30 because i heard the thicker stuff helps with an older engine? If not my other option would just be full synthetic high mileage valvoline oil. Not sure what the community recommends but keep me posted as she's got 229,000 with the v6 4.0l and id liked to keep her happy and healthy. I will share more details and pictures as my project continues! squuare body gang.
Much gratitude for the comments and help
cheers,
Carter (PYR8TE)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pictures of the rust spots please

Forget purple oil

We run Mobil one full synthetic 10-30 will work for you in your climate, valvoline is also a good option. Use a motorcraft filter

Alcohol and a scouring pad for the plastidip.

Rust Mort and a spray bottle for the rust.

0FF8607F-F999-4201-AB71-3D3424AEFAA6.jpeg
44AEA223-F8D9-406B-B7CC-914337BB2B79.jpeg
795CF908-DF29-4AFB-B178-318CBA580DA5.jpeg
180E0966-B8A1-4D89-8F8A-030EEC47BAC8.jpeg

I’ve been using permatex rust treatment the stuff is amazing

Forget purple oil

We run Mobil one full synthetic 10-30 will work for you in your climate, valvoline is also a good option. Use a motorcraft filter
Running 5w-30 high mileage full synthetic cause the previous guy ran that and I’m the 2nd owner but should I change her out next week with the 10w-30 full synthetic? After just doing it this week. Money ain’t no thang for my baby, and motocraft filter right on. I purchased the k&n cause it had the loosening lug nut on the outside but can get a motocraft one next week when I do the 10w-30 if it’s in necessity. Thanks for the reply
-carter

i think i saw that tryck on CL! did it have a sub box in the back and missing front bump? it was on 30s iirc had aeat covers that kinda stuff. if you dony mind what did ya pay for it? i think it was asking 6500 or 7500 right?

i think i saw that tryck on CL! did it have a sub box in the back and missing front bump? it was on 30s iirc had aeat covers that kinda stuff. if you dony mind what did ya pay for it? i think it was asking 6500 or 7500 right?
Yesssir she’s amazing that’s the one, 3000 the guy was such a homie let my mechanic check it out and spent a whole day getting everything all set up in my name. Truly blessed for such a smooth transfer experience already got her fully covered for $1200 a year with triple a

Yesssir she’s amazing that’s the one, 3000 the guy was such a homie let my mechanic check it out and spent a whole day getting everything all set up in my name. Truly blessed for such a smooth transfer experience already got her fully covered for $1200 a year with triple a
nice man!!!!!!!!!! was thinking i seen that kne before!

Back