• Register Today It's free!

2017 3.5l lost power

Dually68

Reaction score
City, State
Oxford ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 explorer platinum
Had an issue a few weeks back and car towed to dealer. 2017 platinum with extended premium care warranty to 8 years 150k miles. Have 107k on car. Diagnosed as injector failure on #6 cylinder. By the time I got car back it cost me almost $700 for an oil change, spark plugs and $100 deductible. They also stated valve cover gasket and intake gasket required replacement which ford covered. Have driven car 1200 miles since pickup and has no power. Called dealer and treated like I am crazy and would cost me to diagnose as all codes cleared when I picked up. No lights on dash.
Today I decided to hook my scanner up. No codes. Drove car with scanner hooked up and had manifold pressure on display, no boost at any RPM.
Carefully inspected engine, even pulled airbox looking for loose hoses. Found the hose that leads from rear Turbo to intercooler disconnected with loose clamp. They would have needed to remove to pull valve cover. See photos. Once connected it ran great! Making good boost under acceleration. Concern is now I have a car that I have cared for meticulously that has been driven for 1200 miles ingesting unfiltered air.
Calling ford tomorrow to see what they are going to do about it. Ugh……

IMG_1218.jpeg

IMG_1219.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure what you expect but I doubt that they wouldn't do much more than give you an apology. There are several posts about loose hoses causing the loss of power issue. Please let us know how it goes.

Peter

Back