2017 Explorer Platinum - Sluggish | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 Explorer Platinum - Sluggish

It's a physical dial near the console and there's no resetting it. When you change it, you get the message. But if you forget and turn off the car, it stays there and never notifies you again.

EDIT: Wow, that was totally false. I just tested it on my way to work and it resets when you turn off the car, and you can spin it infinitely, so it's fully digital.

In any case, maybe, just maybe, there is a problem with the electronics that is getting the original poster into a weird state. He can try the AWD display mode to see if it's saying he's in normal mode or not. The one with the 4 tires. Even if it does, doesn't mean something might not be broken in the brains rather than the mechanical parts.

I drove part way to work in snow mode, even though there is no snow and it totally destroyed my performance capability.

01-explorer.jpg

Lol.
Try Mud/Ruts mode...aka launch control.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did. I played with that one last night on the way home and it also dumbed down acceleration for me, but not as bad as the snow one.

Weirdly fun stuff...

I recently purchased a CPO 2017 Explorer Sport with 30k miles. I notice that when the truck is cold, I get the surging for the first 2-3 seconds almost like it doesn't want to go. If I step on it, it hesitates, then goes and the problem is gone until the truck cools down again.

To go along with this, after some hesitations, if I am in a parking lot going slowly, it also feels like when I take my foot off the gas, the transmission hold the gear too long.

Are these the same issue? Is it a transmission thing?

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Why not take it back to the dealer? You are still under the 3yr/36k mile factory warranty.

Peter

I will be. I just wanted to be armed with info for what they may or may not find. I have other issues as well that I want them to fix and I found solutions to them. This is the only one that seems to be a stumper.

Maybe have them check the throttle body? It was an early issue with the 2016 models but not the 2017. Some other members may have more ideas.

Peter

Back