the box is complete!!!!!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

the box is complete!!!!!!

looking very very sweet! i dig the video too

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here are some pics...

Here is my power inverter... there used to be an amp mounted on the other side of the board...
10058100_3506_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3507_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3508_Medium_.jpg

The first time some of my carpeting has seen the light of day in several months...
10058100_3510_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3515_Medium_.jpg

This little neon had a like 16' power cable I never realized... I used it as a worklight and put in a white bulb (came w/a black bulb).
10058100_3517_Medium_.jpg

It's nice to have friends who will help you do work...
10058100_3521_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3522_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3524_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3528_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3526_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3536_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3537_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3539_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3541_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3565_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3568_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3567_Medium_.JPG

10058100_3571_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3576_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3620_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3617_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3619_Medium_.jpg

10058100_3618_Medium_.jpg

Next weekend I'll probably be taking most of it apart again to start sealing air leaks and crap like that. I really wish I had a garage....

I just watched your movie... thats freakin insane... nice work man.....

now you gotta get your buddy hokie to help me with some stuff :)

MattStarr said:
I just watched your movie... thats freakin insane... nice work man.....

now you gotta get your buddy hokie to help me with some stuff :)

Hokie wont do anything... he is a lazy SOB. Promise him beer and loose women tho and he'll be there in a heartbeat :p :p j/k.

Hokie... HELP MATTSTARR!!!!!!! now punk, or else I'll never go offroading with you again.

Ok,
After watching your video in slo-mo it looks as if some of your subs are out of phase. It appears the top ones are out of phase with the bottom ones. On bass hits the bottom one is excurding while the top one is inverting. This is probably why, when you hooked the Pioneer up with the JBL it sounded weak.

there's a bra in the storage behind the drivers seat...you dirty dirty man you.

no more of that for awhile....not without bein cramped anyway, lol....

Fhantazm said:
Ok,
After watching your video in slo-mo it looks as if some of your subs are out of phase. It appears the top ones are out of phase with the bottom ones. On bass hits the bottom one is excurding while the top one is inverting. This is probably why, when you hooked the Pioneer up with the JBL it sounded weak.

I actually just noticed that tonight... they COULD have been hooked up wrong... however I'm almost positive they weren't. I dunno, I'll probably be able to borrow that amp again sometime and I'll test it out...

as for the bra... that is my ex gf's favorite bra... which is why I still have it... and never plan on giving it back. As for being cramped... look at the worklog where my back seats are folded down, and there is NO space back there............ atleast now I'll have the backseat. But hell, the past 2 weeks I havn't even gone out b/c of the stupid box....

Looking better and better with every pic. I am glad you made the amp rack separate from the sub box. Much better that way.

What would scare me about a school car show is that you open up the car and say "look what I have", then park the vehicle back in a parking space and go back to the dorm thats a mile or so away.

hydroxy said:
Hokie wont do anything... he is a lazy SOB. Promise him beer and loose women tho and he'll be there in a heartbeat :p :p j/k.

Hokie... HELP MATTSTARR!!!!!!! now punk, or else I'll never go offroading with you again.

I seem to recall a remote start install that I did FOR FREE!!!! I didn't even charge you a Taco Bell dinner or nothin'! And I paid for your tank of gas (but you reimbursed me like a month later)

And MattStarr... if you do something other than call me drunk I might help ya. But yeah, we can do your shock/BL install

terdrocket said:
Looking better and better with every pic. I am glad you made the amp rack separate from the sub box. Much better that way.

What would scare me about a school car show is that you open up the car and say "look what I have", then park the vehicle back in a parking space and go back to the dorm thats a mile or so away.

Yea..... that is kinda scary. I'm sure some people were eying the stuff. However they would have to unmount each sub if they wanted the stuff because that box isn't going anywhere fast.

Hokie, what are brothers for? And I sent it to you like 2 weeks later, with a little extra. What are you doing w/ the other ex? come let me take parts off of it!!!!

Hokie~ thanks for telling me about the shocks now, the sales over:(

one more...

10058100_3567_Medium_.jpg

looking very good. what did the people at the show have to say about it?

well there was a road behind me that everyone drove up to get to the show... I heard a lot of "what the f#$*, how many subs is that?" when people drove by. A lot of people called it crazy etc etc. Unfortunetly, 90% of the people there are more interested in performance related mods, not audio/visual. They dont even have an audio/visual catagory. Hell, they just added a Best truck/SUV catagory for this show. The truck that won, was a 1989 Black Blazer... bagged, rollpan, and a Corvette engine...

I hope next year there will be an audio/visual catagory because then I might have a chance of winning something then. They said they were worried about it because of sound stuff... however there were ricers revving their **** all over the place, so I dunno.

A lot of people are anxious to see this thing completed...

MattStarr said:
Hokie~ thanks for telling me about the shocks now, the sales over:(

Fine, buy my Rancho RS9000x shocks and my body lift... We could swap it all in a weekend. heck, buy the Q Logic sub box and my 4 channel amp and my Alpine 7995 while you're at it. I'd sell you the tires but you just got new ones. If i sell you all of my crap, I can get a TJ that I've been thinking about

Hokie said:
Fine, buy my Rancho RS9000x shocks and my body lift... We could swap it all in a weekend. heck, buy the Q Logic sub box and my 4 channel amp and my Alpine 7995 while you're at it. I'd sell you the tires but you just got new ones. If i sell you all of my crap, I can get a TJ that I've been thinking about

Hmm....so your downsizing and leaving the explorers? Im ashamed!

Back