New Tube Bumper

XplorerKid

Rolling on 37"s
Reaction score
City, State
Winter Haven Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Xplorer
Tell me what yall think of this Bumper design, tell me what you would change.... this will be going on the Front of my 1991 Explorer.....

Since mine is now all bent up....

PS- If you need me to, i can draw it bigger i just noticed how small it is, i was zoomed in the whole time i drew it:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DSC00089.JPG
    DSC00089.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,278
  • bumper3.JPG
    bumper3.JPG
    14.8 KB · Views: 1,170

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think you need another bar across the middle, just below the highest one

I just put a new bumper on my 91 XLT. It really depends on how strong or heavy you want it. I threw both my old bumpers out and custom made one for the rear and just put a 3x3 by 1/4" box tubing on the front. I had to grind down both sides of the frame a clean it like crazy to get a good weld on the frame. It works for what I need it for (to cover the bottom of my radiator when I'm going over rocks. Good luck, and get creative!

Like this?

Also the other Tubing, Besides the Main 2" Tubes will be 3/4" DOM that has a 1" O/D...

Attachments

• bumperredone.JPG
    bumperredone.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,284

Not alot of comments.... Anyone want to design something for me? I already got the Tubing,,,, 21 foot stick of 2" DOM Pipe Spec, and unknown amount(alot,enough) of 3/4" DOM 1" OD.....

So anyone care to design soemthing? Im up for anything, Coem on!!! Id like to try and start on it this weekend..... if i can talk my Bro into it...

Do it like this Kid.....

Attachments

• bumper5.jpg
    bumper5.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,162

I can't post pics. I know become elite right? That sucks, I spent all that time drawing one up too :( Feel sorry for me? I'm not cheap just broke. Spent all my money on my X. :burnout:

Hey Toy_to_Force i jsut got an email i guess it was yours? If it was thanks for spending "all that time" but im not gunna waste my time even uploading since you didnt really draw anything.... Thanks for the picture though....

And if that wasnt you that emailed me, Sorry, forget what i said =D

-Caleb

It wasn't me. It will come from rm3sweet@yahoo.com. I just deleted though before I read this but don't worry I'll do another one for you. I like to draw!

It's on it's way to you if your still awake. I'm a nite owl.

Here is one i did real quick. I think it looks alright.

16785bumper.JPG

XplorerKid said:
Ok sorry for going off :)

BUSTED ....He went off in chat about that also LOL

XplorerKid, any opinion on the designs? Just would like to know.

Toy_to_Force said:
XplorerKid, any opinion on the designs? Just would like to know.
Sorry i havent got a chance to Post it, i think its just a little to much for me, alot more tubing than is needed and a little to gaudy for my taste, ill host it up in just a minute, once i find it again....

Caleb

To each his own. I hope you find what your looking for.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well heres what we have as of now this was takin Monday night, now they arent just Tack welds but fully welded ill grab some pics next time im there if i remember the Camera

11574bumper.jpg

Back