• Register Today It's free!

Offroad lights

4X4_'97_Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Corning, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport Control Trac
I was wondering if anyone has ever put offroad lights on the roof of their Explorer, if so how did you do it? I was thinkining of making some custom brakets to mount to my roof rack to put some offroad lights on, would this work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i mounted 4 of them on my roof rack. just drilled holes in the front luggage rack and mounted them pics r in sig

i did the same thing as above, here are the pics i have of mine.......

Picture020.jpg

Picture018.jpg

I went ahead and fabed up some brackets that strapped to my roof rack so I didn’t have to drill holes in it the roof rack. Right now I only have two lights up there, the store only had two on the shelf, but I think four would look better.
I'll try to get a pic to show you guys how it looks.

where did you guys run the wire down from the roof to power the lights?

i have mine ran inside a wire loom right to the driver door and then down inside the plastic trim and then i ran it under the driver seat and to a toggle switch that is right in front of my center console which i have my CB and another toggle for my LED lights and a couple other lights under my CB. will take a couple pics tomorrow if i remember, just had a club test run for stock rigs today so am tired as all get out.....

well i tell ya i went to a place up here called princess auto and got 2 sets for $18.88 each. and plan on gettin another set for the front bumper. but anyways, i wouldn't go with anything chrome, they rust like crazy, atleast up here. look on ebay there are quite a few auctions for some wicked prices. personally mine are plastic housed and they have been nothing but wicked. hope this is what you were asking lmao.......

Back