4" Suspension vs. 3" Body | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

4" Suspension vs. 3" Body

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if your 4wd dont do tt i did it and then my ball joints were bad and then my hubs wore out real quick and it can put a lot more stress on your cvs so i have heard i am thinking about maybe lowering it an inch to reduce some stress o and btw your truck looks good and good choice with the bl "the suspension lift drops your torsion bolts" John Stone i agree it doesn't look as good. it kinda looks like those trucks you see with the body way up in the air and the frame on the ground lol. keep us updated.

just to make sure, i cant get a body lift if i have a full brush guard mounted on to the front of my Sport Trac. correct? any info is appreciated

You can get a body lift with a brush guard. You just need to modify the mounting brackets.

Body%20Mods%20003.gif

i also have bl and full brush guard

dang, your truck is nice. is it hard to to modify the mounting brackets?

that is one nice sport track :thumbsup:. would you have a template for the brush guard brackets, or did you just kind of wing it?

is it hard to modify the mounting brackets on a brushguard to enable a body lift to fit properly?

also, does anyone know where to find a body lift for a 2005 Sport Trac? i can only find them for like the 2001-2002 models

The body lifts are the same for 2001-2005 Sport Tracs. Also for the brush guard I welded on a longer mounting tab for the brush guard, and you also have top cut the black portion of the front facia. My brush guard is no longer on my ST as I had a little fender bender and smashed the drivers side main tube.

thanks. what do you mean it is no longer?

Hey chad551, are you rubbing in the front, if so how much? My BL looks great but my tires rub on the sway bar, was thinking of getting 2" spacers for my wheels to push'em out a bit to rectify the rubbing situation... Might start rubbing a lil on the plastic, might have to do a little trimming, lol!

i think his tires use to rub he does have spacers on it now. or at least he said he does on my st.

Back