evils adopted little brother! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

evils adopted little brother!

well as of yesturday, evil now has a little brother. its a 00 sport that i basically tripped over looking at some explorer adds on kijiji. loaded with 204 kms on it (about 127k miles). the bad, motor blown, the good, it was $800, the better, i have a motor in the shed doing absolutely nothing, and it still has a safety good until october! i will sell it when i am done fixing it, but i better hurry before i change my mind!

288bako.jpg

18d535.jpg

2r7x37m.jpg

i hope evil wont be mad... then again......

ztywie.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice x ur bro got

whoops i probably misread his post thnx for correcting me

Plans??? :D

i'm going to change the motor in it, fix any small problems (burnt out dash lights, loose door handle) polish, and one hell of a good cleaning then up for sale he goes. i will probably swap the rims and tires from evil, as well as the door and 1/4 glass (it's tinted, and hey its better then paying to get it done). i am putting a furnace and central air in my house at the moment, and also want to put siding on the house as well and this will help pay for it. then if there is any cash left over, might, MAYBE get 20's for evil as well.

Ohhh, very nice - flipping it. Good luck.

Wait- flipping an Explorer? We reaaaalllllly need a better term. :D

Sounds like a fun project though- I dig that kind of stuff. :thumbsup:

sell it to me in september... do I get a discount????

Si

if you feel like driving to manitoba to get it, sure i will sell it to you!

hey joe, sorry, but ya, gotta flip it. better then sending it to the bone yard!

I'll be in saskatchewan for 5 months.. But might be going to Brandon... Is that far from you?

Si

Wow I've got this totally backwards, when I flipped mine it was worth less money after I was done. Any idea what I did wrong?:D

Why 20's on evil? I think they're to big for a 2nd gen you end up driving around on rubber bands for tires. 18's are the way to go they can look nice and still give you a decent ride. Besides 20's aren't the cool thing anymore you would need 26's to be "cool."

No, its "30's" now with black electrical tape wrapped thickly around the outside of the rim instead of tires. Thats the way to go.

Flippin an Explorer didnt work well for Firestone....

If anyone can make money turning that Sport around it will be you vroomzoom. Im still droolin over the bumper you made. I want to get rid of the rectangle fogs on my Sport and install some round fogs but dont have your skillz. Looking forward to updates on your new project. Good Luck-doesnt look like Evil's lil bro needs much bodywork-aside from the Step Bars. Could use some Flames though!!!

blueka, if you are serious about buying it, pm me and we will talk further. brandon isn't to far away, about 2 or 3 hours. but if you are driving from ontario on the trains canada hwy, i am about 20 mins north of winnipeg.

techieman33 your probably right. 20's my not be a great idea. i do want some side wall on the tires (that and if you have ever seen manitoba roads, or at least that's what the government calls them, you'd know why). i've been looking at rims for a little while now, and it almost seems that 20's and 18's are about the same price now. up here, nobody realy has anything bigger then 20's anyways so i would be 'cool'. i need something to match the flames because the stock rims and tires suck! looking at tara's truck hotness(ExplorerSport77) they suit it. even with her's lowered, it looks like there is still some sidewall there. it's hard to say, i have never seen a explorer with 20's on it in person (i swear i have the only done up 2 gen explorer in around where i live!).

GRNMACHINE making the front bumper wasn't realy all that hard. think of it like this. if you can cut up cardboard and glue a part onto it, you can do the front bumper no problems. it's just the cardboard is the metal, and the glue is weld. if you can believe it, i don't even remeber if i measured anything. the light on the drivers side is a 1/4 higher i believe, but if i didn't point it out, you would probably never notice it. that and as long as the tubes are straight (like aimed, i used a level for that), your laughing. i don't know if you saw the tread i made when i was making the front bumper, but if you have time, check it out. your right as well, evils little bro as far as i can tell has almost no bodywork to be done. there is a dent near the drivers door lock, but that's all i can see. the paint looks a little faded, with the normal chamois rings, but that will come out. everything can use flames, LOL, but i know if i do that, i will never be able to sell it!

motor is close to being out. i have one ignorant tranny bolt to get out (at the top of the bell housing) and the exhaust manifold bolts i will need to cut off and i should be good to go......as long as i don't hear anything go "SNAP".

made some progress today

this is what the previous owner did to it. he ripped apart the front of the motor thinking the timing chain had blown apart (pointing to the balancer shaft). when i told him that wasn't it, he looked at me funny. i then told him he didn't know what the back one looked like again he looked at me funny, and said that he didn't know there was one in the back of the motor. i had to explain to him there was two of them, it has a cam in each head. needless to say i don't think he knew jack about vehicles.

1j7rxc.jpg

357pkqs.jpg

and here's where i begin.

4ilt6w.jpg

nnmgra.jpg

2pq6po2.jpg

almost there, had to take the hood off. know of any good body man that can help me put it back on? :D

and pop! its out

29p9chd.jpg

2u7nmzt.jpg

23h99ts.jpg

TOUCH DOWN! and the crowd goes wild!

e05pow.jpg

the new.... well.....used one waiting to go in after i swap some stuff over. it wasn't too hard to pull the old one out, then again, the previous owner did some grunt work that did save me some time. but this is the first SOHC the i have ever pulled, and i didn't even break anything. i am now just waiting for something to go horribly wrong now. it probably will happen to, just because i said it!!

5djj0n.jpg

i also wanted to add that i used this tread on how to pull a 4.0L SOHC. it helped big time!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244560

vroom,
Cant wait to see updates on this! And yes I read your bumper thread, numerous times! Very impressive!! I know I could reproduce it in cardboard - steel would take me a long time!! You have skillz!!!!! Real Skillz.

keep up good work

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

GRNMACHINE can't wait to do updates to this! i swapped everything that i had to from the old motor yesturday (including torching the manifold bolts that took about a hour and a half, once again, have to thank my buddy that painted evil, i borrowed his). i was all set to pull the motor out of my shed, and it started raining. so i had to put everything away. 30 mins later it stopped, but i had already cleaned up, so i didn't feel like doing anymore. well today, same thing, just about to pull the motor out of the shed, and once again, it started to rain. i might try again later. this is as far as i got today.

245ehqg.jpg

2evthrm.jpg

tell me how safe dose this look? that's about a 8 inch drop to the ground. i am trying to figure out how the hell i got that thing in there in the first place!

Back