• Register Today It's free!

Recall 09B11

neuor

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 EB
Does anyone know any details regarding recall "09B11 - TRANS GEARSHIFT LEVER"? My service adviser asked me to bring my Explorer in for this recall. She stated the recall covers replacement of a circuit board located near the gearshift lever.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recieved the letter in the mail today - what about the radiator ?

I got this letter yesterday as well. I was advised by my Ford dealer that they aren't replacing them unless you are having the problem which is contrary to what the letter really states IMO. I might just be bringing it to another dealer then.

I got the same "Stuck in park" recall yesterday. It definitely looks like a recall to me. No ifs, ands, or buts. The letter says the dealers are authorized to do the work....period. The letter also describes how to get the vehicle out of park if it gets stuck in the mean time. Sometimes mine does stick a little and I will be calling the dealer soon to get the work done. I even think I've seen a thread on this issue, on this forum.

I just received the letter, and have been having the problem with the shift lever not wanting to move out of park. I thought it might be a mis-adjusted brake light switch, but had not yet look at the service manuals (I have the full set), or the Explorer. Now I know it is the part they want to replace. I just called the dealer, and they had not yet heard about it. They are checking to see if they have the part.

So does this only cover 06?

I had this problem and eventually gets worse. I got mine fixed under warranty.

Got the letter today, scheduled service for Friday......wonder if they'll replace my radiator as well if I jam the gear shift through it.

Can someone post the details of the letter!

I work at a ford dealership. The 09B11 program is absolutely a recall. Occasionally we will have an explorer towed in because it cannot be removed from park, even with the override. This is due to the "park detect switch" circut board not being properly sealed when produced, allowing it to get corroded with silicon dioxide. The program just consists of the center console being removed, and the circut board being replaced. If you received the letter in the mail, though it doesn't effect many vehicles, you should have it done.

I got this notification also (2006 LE V8 here). It says it's good until 1/31/2011, so I won't be rushing in as I haven't had any symptoms yet and don't want to go out of my way to get this work done. I will make an effort to bring it in before next year though.

I got the notification this week, the problem has been happening for a while and I haven't had the chance to get it fixed...I made the appointment for this morning, get to the dealership in Manhattan and they tell me that Ford won't send out the parts for another 3-weeks. So I'll reschedule

I got my letter. Here I was thinking it was just being persnickety and needed a little more startup time.... Guess not.

Guess I will keep an eye out on this one for my Exp. I have not had the issue but something to watch for.

Just got mine in the mail today so it covers 07's too I guess. Guess I will have them look at my tranny bump while it is there. I am hoping that is covered under the drivetrain warrenty.

Took the car in Friday, and got it back the same day. Didn't notice a big change, though I wasn't really having a big problem - sometimes it did seem stubborn, but that was on rare occasions.

yea i work at a dealer too and had 3 of these today! i was like what the heck lol. real easy though. remove the center console and replace a little circuit board on the passenger side of the gearshifter.....

Does this include a 08 Mounty? If so I havne't recieved anything

STU

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Had my shifter assembly replaced in Oct 2009 for this problem. But, I wonder if they used a revised circuit board or the original part which is prone to failure?

Back