• Register Today It's free!

Inner fender splash gaurd

Smoke92

Reaction score
City, State
Montana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 5.0 AWD
Hey guys, do you know the ford part # for those soft pieces that go in the front wheel wells? They are both gone from my 97 5.0 and I'd like to get some new ones on there to keep the water off my exhaust manifolds ect. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rock Auto has them for for cheap they are listed under fenders think I paid about $8 for one.

Rock Auto has them for for cheap they are listed under fenders think I paid about $8 for one.

Thank you for posting this. I'd been looking for these for a while at boneyards and they always seem to be trashed.

I just placed my order for both sides. :)

Glad I could help someone. I was just looking at parts for my X and found these the fit was good.

Hey guys, do you know the ford part # for those soft pieces that go in the front wheel wells? They are both gone from my 97 5.0 and I'd like to get some new ones on there to keep the water off my exhaust manifolds ect. Thanks.

FYI for otheres - here are Ford part numbers:
Front fender apron splash shields:
LH: F57Z16103AD RH: F57Z16102AD

I couldn't find them at rock auto. I looked under fender and inner fender. May end up getting them from Ford.

I bought 2 of these a few days ago from RockAuto.

They were listed as left and right sides, but the
part numbers were the same.

Just looked Rockauto must be out of them.

My son found the part # and I was looking at them but decided to wait they show left at this time , Part # XL2Z16102AA.

Hope this helps.:salute:

i just found them on rockauto... i looked under 5.0L
btw when you order, use the discount code

I ended up ordering them from Ford today. I just couldnt find them on Rock Auto. Oh well, at least I have some to put on there now after I change plugs and wires this weekend.

I ended up ordering them from Ford today. I just couldnt find them on Rock Auto. Oh well, at least I have some to put on there now after I change plugs and wires this weekend.

I scooped a set from Rock yesterday. Sorry, I must have hit them with low stock before you found them. They did show 7 available of one side and 3 of the other. I was a bit nervous that they didn't actually have them in stock either because it took a day to ship. Just got shipping confirmation this morning. I'll be curious to know if they're of any better quality than OEM. They weren't a Ford product according to Rock Auto.

Mine are torn from me working in there, and the shop trying to get them off to do my plugs. May have to pick up a new set. Subscribing to see the quality of the rock auto ones.

Mine are torn from me working in there, and the shop trying to get them off to do my plugs. May have to pick up a new set. Subscribing to see the quality of the rock auto ones.

I got mine today from Rock. I am impressed with the quality. Completely different material. Heavy duty rubber. Very flexible and doesn't look like they'll tear like OEM do.

did you get the various ones or the sherman ?

Curious as well, are the push pins included and if so are the push pins the Same quality? The OEM Ford replacements I bought last year were double the price or more. The rubber material seemed different than the originals also.

Curious as well, are the push pins included and if so are the push pins the Same quality? The OEM Ford replacements I bought last year were double the price or more. The rubber material seemed different than the originals also.

No push pins included. I don't even know what OEM look like because I have so many different kinds holding mine in place. I score mine from a local Auto Parts store. They're pretty cheap.

I paid under $8 each for the splash guards. Unfortunately, Rock Auto hammers us Canadians with freight. I actually had mine sent via FEDEX because it was CHEAPER than USPS (go figure).

Still ended up better off if I had tried to source them locally. Ford OEM parts are super inflated up here north of the 49th. :mad:

did you get the various ones or the sherman ?

Mine were "various". Actual brand is "Keystone (a LKQ Company)", as per the sticker on one of them.

On that note, what does LKQ charge for these things? Mine were actually sent out from LKQ to Rock Auto before they were sent to me.

The description on RockAuto says the aprons fit '99-'01 on Explorers. Can anyone verify that they fit on older Explorers, say my '98 5.0?

The description on RockAuto says the aprons fit '99-'01 on Explorers. Can anyone verify that they fit on older Explorers, say my '98 5.0?

I hope so since mine is a '96. Just received one from RockAuto via USPS. The other one is coming Fed Ex.I think that is suppose to arrive tommorrow.
Now besides the junkyards does anyone know where to get the plastic retaining push pins? I'm missing a couple and the ones I do have have served their useful life.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Stock splash guard replacements came with pushpins. I have seen pushpins in various size at AutoZone AdvanceAuto Pepboys etc. Not sure if they have that size but I would think they should.

Back