And the Award for Biggest POS Design Ever Goes To... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

And the Award for Biggest POS Design Ever Goes To...

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
16 Explorer XLT
The package/cargo area tonneau cover thing. Seriously. Biggest POS ever. For real. Worse than the Mustang II. :)

The factory "All Weather" floor mats are kind of a joke too. Well thats not entirely true. The back ones are good and the cargo one is decent, but a little thin. The fronts are pretty terrible. But hey so far that's all I have to complain about.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ditto. Total garbage, especially when trying to remove it from the side windows. Must have been designed by the version 1.0 MFT team!

I was really hoping they had a roll up window shade style cover. I ad one like that in a Ranger suoercab and a Mitsubishi Montero Sport and really liked how they worked.

This one, I'm going to skip and probably just throw a blanket over stuff when I need o cover it.

your being too kind

The package/cargo area tonneau cover thing. Seriously. Biggest POS ever. For real. Worse than the Mustang II. :)

The factory "All Weather" floor mats are kind of a joke too. Well thats not entirely true. The back ones are good and the cargo one is decent, but a little thin. The fronts are pretty terrible. But hey so far that's all I have to complain about.

What are you referring to exactly and what is wrong with it? Not sure I get it.

The design is poor. The way it secures is poor. The elastic that holds it around the headrest will sag. Its cold as a witches tit out there today and its sagging. Should great when its hot.

Its as if the product was an after thought. Plastic clips that you jam into the gap between trim and glass? Thats some shade tree stuff I would expect to see on a homemade cover. Not from a company that has an R&D department

That cargo cover is a piece of crap, no two ways about it. I think Ford got the idea for it after rummaging through Zastava's idea trash heap, placed there by the Yugo engineers because they thought it too cheap and junky.

Cargo Security Shade - 2016 Explorer

Does anyone know how to take the shade out? The dealer installed the shade and I don't particularly like it. Having trouble taking out the side window inserts. I appreciate any help. Thank you.

Does anyone know how to take the shade out? The dealer installed the shade and I don't particularly like it. Having trouble taking out the side window inserts. I appreciate any help. Thank you.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Can't help you with your problem. Hopefully someone will jump in with the answer.

Peter

Back