• Register Today It's free!

MFT version in 2016 Ex

Hawkeye93

Reaction score
City, State
Lakeville, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Ford Explorer Sport
Can any of the new owners of 2016 models report which MFT version they have? I'm curious if there's a new version for the 2016.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is 3.7

The real question is......is the 16 hardware the same?

Same APIM as the 2015

Hey Jason,
Can you adapt Sync 3 into 2011-2015 Explorers once its out?

Wow SYNC3 hasn't even been released. No one outside Ford knows.

That was a guy who was working on the project for Ford. Needless to say he disappeared.

You mean Sync 3 project?

I thought it was you, honestly...

...wait im confused...

I bet SYNC3 runs fine on existing APIM it just wont have the same "pinch and zoom" feature and probably a few others.

I bet SYNC3 runs fine on existing APIM it just wont have the same "pinch and zoom" feature and probably a few others.

Once the first line hits the market with SYNC3 I will be able to look up what APIM it uses. So it is wait and see at this point.

Confirmed as incorrect. The Escape is out with SYNC 3. I pulled the OASIS data and totally different APIM part number and the as built data layout way different.

It was noted several times on different sources that SYNC 3 is using totally new hardware

Confirmed as incorrect. The Escape is out with SYNC 3. I pulled the OASIS data and totally different APIM part number and the as built data layout way different.

I wonder how that guy with the SHO had it running?.......swapped out APIM?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder how that guy with the SHO had it running?.......swapped out APIM?
Yes. He worked for the Ford supplier who is supplying Sync3. He no longer works for that supplier.

Back