Updating MFT version on Syncmyride | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Updating MFT version on Syncmyride

I tried to download the update. After 2 hours, I gave up. The a pop up said the install failed and that I needed at least 2 g. I had 4g...brand new drive...formatted. 3 other attempts failed. Online chat said that status checker was down and told me to go tp the dealer. Not real happy! I suspect the site was down.

I'm looking into it now, PJFW8. Don't run off to your dealer yet. :)

Is "applink" on the MFT screen when you press "info"? If not, where is it? Was any notice emailed to Ford owners regarding the new update? If so I didn't get one and found out about it on this site. I did a successful update last evening, but where can I find a list of enhancements for this update?

This update brings back the outside air temp on the main MFT screen, sgparnes. I don't believe a notice was sent out since this isn't a major upgrade. AppLink is not available for the Explorer; I cannot speculate on when it will be, but I'm sure we will make an announcement in the Owner-to-Owner forum when it is. Here's a link:

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/p...=6&listMode=13&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not being a computer expert...if the outside temp was the only upgrade, why does the install take over 40 minutes and why do you have to reinstall the phone book and re-sync the phone?

Not being a computer expert...if the outside temp was the only upgrade, why does the install take over 40 minutes and why do you have to reinstall the phone book and re-sync the phone?

I'm sure there are other little things on it, but the intent of this update was the outside air temp. Most of our updates and upgrades will perform a reset during the install, thus causing all settings to go back to factory defaults and deleting the phone pairing.

Rebecca

Amazed my dealer told me the system was updated when i bought the car after i asked!!! I think they had no clue what i was talking about because they never mention syncmy ride during the system orientation, they mostly focus on pairing the phone. Make sure the flash drive is formatted and empty when you download the program otherwise it will give you fauil install;also do not remove the flashdrive until it tells you to. I want to stop by the dealer jus t to ask the salesperson if she knows what syncmyride is...just to see her face!

Amazed my dealer told me the system was updated when i bought the car after i asked!!! I think they had no clue what i was talking about because they never mention syncmy ride during the system orientation, they mostly focus on pairing the phone. Make sure the flash drive is formatted and empty when you download the program otherwise it will give you fauil install;also do not remove the flashdrive until it tells you to. I want to stop by the dealer jus t to ask the salesperson if she knows what syncmyride is...just to see her face!
As I just posted on another thread, New MFT Update, it seems that the responsibility to update the syncmyride account lies with the vehicle owner. It can easily be done using the Vehicle Health Report (VHR) or by using the Status Checker Tool available ob syncmyride. Here in Canada we do not have the VHR, I have used the Status Checker Tool twice now to update my account and will likely have to do it again after my V3.5.1 update tomorrow.

Peter

Back