NEW SCEXPLORER PRERUNNER | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

NEW SCEXPLORER PRERUNNER

Hey All I decided since my truck is 2wd i might as well go prerunner style. I ditched my old grill and made this new one plus I added 32's. Tell me what you think.

Before
Dead Link Removed

After:
4050prerunner2.jpg

4050prerunner3.jpg

4050side1.jpg

Dead Link Removed

Instead of buying a new center console cover I decided to change the vinyl myself.
4050interior1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, nice and clean!! I really like it...

did you make that bumper yourself? what would it look like if you took off your stock bumper and just had that one on?

Yeah I made it myself. THis was my first time building something like this and using a welder so I wasn't confident to make one without having my stock bumper. So i designed one with my stock bumper and actually mounted it to my stock bumper also. It'll probably look funny if i just took out my stock bumper but I can easily modify it to make it fit without my stock bumper. Now that I know what it takes to build a bumper, i'm going to build my next one without the stock bumper and really welded to the frame and make it strong. This was just a test run.

DUDE I LIKE THE NEW LOOK.
ALSO I REALLY LIKE YOUR BUMPER.

Looking great! I just painted my interior vinyl like you did. How did you get your top blinker in the rear from amber to red?

Ohh I didn't paint my vinyl. I replaced it with black vinyl i found at work. Pretty easy if you have a staple gun. I used candy red clear spray paint from a hobby shop for my blinkers.

Looking good man, I definately dig the new styling...

i like it too.... but i thought prerunners had a rake towards the rear... any plans on making the front higher or the rear lower? or is it fine just the way it is?

I really like the stance as it is. I wouldn't lower the rear. But that is just me. I do hear what your saying about the rear rake. But I think that has something to do with the like 48+inches of travel the rally, prerunners have.

I like the look of the new prerunner SCEXPLORER!!!! Looks excellent even for a first try!

Good Luck!

Originally posted by SCEXPLORER
I used candy red clear spray paint from a hobby shop for my blinkers.

Did you spray it on the outside? Do you have any close up pics?

but i thought prerunners had a rake towards the rear

i think SCEXPLORER is referring to the style of his new bumper piece, not his suspension.

looks great by the way, i'd never have guessed you made it yourself.

What do u guys mean by rake? I am planning to get my suspension done but still looking for the right shop to do it and of course the money.

I think by "rake" they mean the rear is 2-3 inches lower than the front.

Be carefull SCEXPLORER, if you the lower the rear of your explorer and post pics youll get a 40+ replies of people saying that they hate it. Trust me, i would know.

I like the new look a lot better. If it were mine I would lower the rear though.

I like the new look too. I want to go about that height only a little lower in back, maybe an inch lower. I can't really go higher cause I have 4x4 and if I went with body I would only want a max of 2" and have no one to put it on. I can only find shops here in San Diego to put the 3" on. Maybe I will crank my bars another inch and get 32's unless someone will put my bodylift on and I'll pay them. By the way if you do make another bumper let me know I like the one that is on now.

Oh and the look of your interior makes me want cloth seats so bad. I hate leather!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Cynthia'in'SD
Oh and the look of your interior makes me want cloth seats so bad. I hate leather!!
are you serious? that is odd to me...

Back