0-60 in under 6.5??? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

0-60 in under 6.5???

I would love to increase the acceleration of my ex... What mods can I do that will get my 0-60 times in under 6.5sec? This of course with nitrous. I was thinking:
Nitrous
Intake
Exhaust
?????
Please list some other mods that will get my 0-60 down!
Thanks,
Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Data can be had at any track.

The timeslips do not give a 0-60 MPH time. They give a 60' time, but not 0-60 MPH. You could probably guestimate off of how much time it takes to hit the 1/8th mile marker and then scale from there but that is about it.

The best way within most peoples reach is to datalog RPM and Vehicle Speed as well as Throttle Position. All these are time referenced at the bottom of the log. You see when the revs jump, compare that to throttle position and then whatever time stamp is at the bottom is your starting time. Then look at the log when you hit 60 MPH and take a look at what the bottom timestamp says there too. Take the second number - first number will equal time difference. Then take second number - time diff will equal 0-60 MPH accurate time. ;)

I would really have no idea what my 0-60 MPH is with the new combo but I bet it is pretty damn low. Once the weather gets better I will actually be able to drive KBX to find out.

Thanks for the correction Rocket, I was thinking 60 feet not )-60.

Its ok man, I figured that was what you were thinking about. I sometimes get my brain all tangled up too bro.

I wish that were the case because I would have had a 1.9 second 0-60 MPH time according to my old timeslips. ;) :D

HA, well, since that original thread was, well, several years old, and times, they are a changin'. Any new mods any of you can think of.

I fully expect my truck to be in the low 5 second 0-60 range when tuned.

I fully expect my truck to be in the low 5 second 0-60 range when tuned.

I believe you. The combination you have makes sence to be in the low 5 second range.

What do you think rocket will be running 0-60? I believe the 4 second range with what he's got.

all this talk... I cant wait till warm weather to get to the track

I believe you. The combination you have makes sence to be in the low 5 second range.

What do you think rocket will be running 0-60? I believe the 4 second range with what he's got.

Rocket should be in the low 4 second 0-60 range, maybe lower on slicks.

That's more like....zero toooooo Oh sh!&&&!!!!! (For me)

Back