0% Financing on 2015's

JoeVic

Reaction score
City, State
Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Crown Vic
What are the pros and cons of Fords 0% Financing

3, 4, 5, 6 year 0% Financing. Dealer is telling me put almost nothing down.

I was thinking about $10 K down and he says why ? You can finance the entire cost at 0% interest. There must be a catch.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The catch is usually less incentives, they don't make it hard to get At 21 years old I got 0% and zero down on my chevy. No point in putting money down when you get 0% instead take your 10k and invest it (in something low risk)

Like whats already been said, incentives are usually gone or cut way back. You also have to watch the prices. Dealers will sometimes inflate prices to cover losses from the 0% financing. I've been looking at new f-150's lately and a few dealers just jacked up prices once the 0% financing started.

What colintrax said is accurate. Unless you are going for a specific monthly payment, don't put any down(if you get 0%) and invest your downpayment.

If you do go with 0 down, one thing to check into is Gap Coverage. That covers you if you total the car and owe more than it's worth. Gap Coverage will "cover the gap". There's a car insurance commercial floating around on that topic, I can't remember the name of the insurance company.

I would calculate with a low interest rate how much interest you would pay. Then see how much cash back they offer without the 0% interest. That's how you figure which is cheaper. Sometimes on the life of a loan you might only pay 1500 in interest but they have 2500 cash back as long as you get a good rate with the loan

Back