2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings | Page 4 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership! If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

2011-2015 Police Utility Forscan Settings

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

Holiday Special! Join the Elite Explorers $20 for 2 years! Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

tvarghese

Reaction score
City, State
Pewaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
My apologies for the elementary questions:

I got through all the modifications in FORScan, but I don't hear the locks do anything after turning the ignition off/on 8 times.

Where is the "remote entry module" located? I"m wondering if I don't have it.

If I don't have it, does anyone know the part number and a source for it?

I googled around and searched this site, but not finding anything definitive.

edougawa

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Police SUV
My apologies for the elementary questions:

I got through all the modifications in FORScan, but I don't hear the locks do anything after turning the ignition off/on 8 times.

Where is the "remote entry module" located? I"m wondering if I don't have it.

If I don't have it, does anyone know the part number and a source for it?

I googled around and searched this site, but not finding anything definitive.
The remote entry module is located at the bottom of the center console (if you have an OEM one) or next to 14 Pin police connector under/behind the climate control panel. If I found a pics of it I’ll post it later. You can also check the DTC code in Forscan, there might be an error pops up if the module is missing.

tvarghese

Reaction score
City, State
Pewaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
The remote entry module is located at the bottom of the center console (if you have an OEM one) or next to 14 Pin police connector under/behind the climate control panel. If I found a pics of it I’ll post it later. You can also check the DTC code in Forscan, there might be an error pops up if the module is missing.
Yup, did see the DTC related errors. So that is it... bummer. It did not come with one.

Oh well, where do I get one? A part number would be really appreciated.

Thanks for the offer to put up some pcictures! That would certainly make it easier to find it.

tvarghese

Reaction score
City, State
Pewaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 PIU
Is this the right remote entry module:

Also, can somebody post a picture or a link that shows were it goes?

I have ordered the service manual, but it has been stuck in the "Shipping Department" for a few weeks :(

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3

DHG2496

Reaction score
City, State
Fruitport, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
14 Explorer PIU 3.5EB
Is this the right remote entry module:

Also, can somebody post a picture or a link that shows were it goes?

I have ordered the service manual, but it has been stuck in the "Shipping Department" for a few weeks :(
That looks like the correct module, mine looks identical to that, a quick search with that part number also shows that it may control the TPMS too, but I see eBay listings for that exact part number for keyless entry modules. Mine was just floating loose in the front area of the console. I just tucked mine up in that region by the heater vent tubes. Range isn't great so I've been looking at adding a long range antenna to that module (I beleive it plugs into that gray port ) to see if that helps.