00M12 Kit buying advice...

Stenasev

Reaction score
City, State
Cornwall, UK
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer 4.0 SOHC
Hi all,

After much readings of the forum I've decided that the above kit is needed for my recent Ex purchase. My problem is the part number of 4146343 is causing problems at my local dealer. They recognise the number and can give a price for it but can't order by that number or something daft.

Can anybody tell me if they have purchased this kit recently? Also I made the boo boo of ordering the kit parts seperately (tensioner and gaskets only) but have just realised they come to a lot more than the kit price and I still don't have the oil restrictor.

Anyway if I don't get any joy locally can anyone recommend a dealer that will supply the above kit by post?

Thanks in advance,

SS

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As you have some of it you might be best to talk to Duncan of aylesbury. He fits these kits professionally and may have the odd part you need.

As luck would have it, I (that will be the royal "I" meaning my mechanic friend) will soon be embarking on this challenge. where would be the best place to get this kit from would it be the local ford dealer or is there a better place to spend my money

Andy

Ah ha, just done some more searching and found the following: -

Part Nos (one is US one UK)
YL2Z-9E473-AA
f4146343

advised it was a manifold kit

just ordered from Ford dealer £62.04 inc VAT

waiting on time to get in now.

Ah ha, just done some more searching and found the following: -

Part Nos (one is US one UK)
YL2Z-9E473-AA
f4146343

Hi,

Yes, I quoted that number in original post. Dealer quoted about £61 inc. Then said he couldn't order it through the system with that part number. Will try another dealer I think. Don't see why I should pay more money and get less bits by buying seperately:mad:

Purchased one recently, ANY Ford main dealer parts dept should be able to order the part by the number F4146343 (you need the F there)

The new washer that comes with the kit for the tensioner is steel and very thin, just re use the existing copper washer thats on the old tensioner and just flip it over before putting it on.

ANY Ford main dealer parts dept should be able to order the part by the number F4146343 (you need the F there)

Cheers, I tried with and without the F. I think I just got a numpty. The guy was useless. He called my Ex "a piece of crap" and he didn't know one end of a car from the other. Next time I go there I'll park on his Citroen eurobox :D

Were do they get these retards from who call our cars crap----tell us where he parks his and we can park one wheel on each corner of his!!!!

Have to say that the spares man said he would have struggled to find the kit if i had not given him the number. He then went on to say this was the first parts he had ordered for an Ex.

Andy

Typical lack from Ford UK! Bet your life when people bought the Ex from new here they never heard those words-- ford UK suck! Most of us here know more about our Exs than any dealer today- and I bet Howard and me have done more work to more then most in the last five years!
Makes me mad that some sucker pulled the plug on our great cars and gave up on us uk owners back in 2000...since then if it was not for this forum and dedicated members who knows how many may be dead and forgotten by now!!!!

Well got the above parts delivered and they came to about £70 for the 00M12 kit. The parts guy (different one) was adamant that he couldn't order the F4146343 number and had no idea what the kit consisted of. Anyway after a bit of bartering I managed to get a bit of discount on various parts which basically brought it down to the kit price so all good in the end but not easy!

Got the rear tensioner for good measure and if the current weather holds out should be fitting them soon:)

Cheers,

SS

Its a bit late but ordered mine with ease today from jennings ford, guy called andy, knew the kit and £55 quid so not bad.

Back