01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01-05 Sport Trac 4x4 Lift Options Discussion

I was just wondering how would a leveling kit work with a superlift and soa?
Or would it just be asenine

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

got a ?

I was looking into put a 2in. leveling kit on my sport trac. My ? is does anyone know if I can clear 285's or should I wait and get a lift kit and put 33's on it?

To level the front end with the rear you can do a TT (torsion twist)-"NO" more then 2"'s though, you can run 31's with that. To run (33's) 285/75/16, you'll need a 3" body lift, TT, and shackle lift with some trimming or a 4" superlift.

The leveling kit is a waste of money in my opinion, especially since you could just twist the torsion bars and have the same results for free.

You can run 33s with only a body lift. TxPlates has a body lift, 35s and no TT or shackles.

I would recommend waiting to get a body lift and go from there.

I just bought the Dixon Bros Racing LT kit for my '04 Sport Trac and should be installed complete in a few weeks. Went with Deaver G50E pack in the rear w/ WP shackles. It'll be running Fox coilovers up front w/ Fox bump stops and limit straps. The rear will have Fox 2.5x14" smooth body shocks w/ Fox bumps. Running full Hannemann fiberglass fenders all around w/ Procomp MT 33x12.50R15. Had to ditch that pathetic tortion bar suspension. That stuff is for the birds!

Anyone have pictures of a st with a brenthel chase kit? On stock tires too if possible

3" Body Lift and 2"-3" Level Kit

I just purchased a 3" body lift and 2"-3" level kit for my 2001 ST 4x4. Will this combo give me approximately 5" of lift and do i need rear shackles with the leveling kit? Thanks in advance for the help

Depends on what kind of lift you are talking about. If you just mean the roof is that much further from the ground, then yes. You don't need the shackles; in fact, they'll be put you right back to the raked look you are trying to fix with the leveling kit.

If you mean real lift, as in the suspension and frame are further from the ground, then no. Bigger tires are the only way to get true lift. But then, there are things that must be done to start fitting larger tires. A body lift is a good start. You can easily and safely do 33s with what you've listed. You can do 35s if you don't mind cutting and replacing parts frequently.

What tires are you running?

Yes, i was speaking of overall lift height at the cab. I know with the BL/Level kit i won't gain clearance from the frame. I was also anticipating gaining enough lift at the wheel wells to fit 35" tires with this particular setup.

I purchased Pro Comp series 7069 wheels (15x10) but no tires yet. I knew i could run
33" with the 3" BL, but thought i could get 35"s under there with the 2" leveling kit. It seems to get the most out of the leveling kit, it would eventually bring the front of the truck up higher than the back, hence why i was told that an add-a-leaf or shackles would be needed. The factory rake on my truck is barely noticeable right now.

For the reasons you stated, i am leaning more towards 33" tires. Thanks for the feedback.

I would just get it on there and see how it looks before buying the shackles and then go from there. No sense in buying them if you don't need them. If I had to do it over again, I probably wouldn't have bought them, but that is where I started.

For running 35s with no suspension lift, check out this thread. TxPlates is running 35s with just a body lift.

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240315&highlight=35+tires

For the record, I'm working on getting 35" BFG KM2s on mine with the body lift, shackles and 1.75" TT. Just waiting on my soon to be brother-in-law to get all the kinks worked out of putting 37" H1 wheels/tires on his JK Unlimited.

fiberglass fenders are all you need to gain clearance for bigger rubbers.

I would just get it on there and see how it looks before buying the shackles and then go from there. No sense in buying them if you don't need them. If I had to do it over again, I probably wouldn't have bought them, but that is where I started.

For running 35s with no suspension lift, check out this thread. TxPlates is running 35s with just a body lift.

http://explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240315&highlight=35+tires
Yep...made the command decision to hold what i got and go from there. Also, i'm just gonna roll with 33x12.50R15 and not worry about loss of power, wearing out suspension parts, etc. I always ran 33's on my Toyotas and hated the loss of power. Besides i always made my money in choosing good tire tread despite the gutless 4 cylinder engines.

Nonetheless, thanks for the feedback.

if you hate the power loss then get the gears. it will put you closer to the stock feel of it and gelp with gas and all that junk.

So this part # says will fit '91-'01. Can anyone verify it will fit 2003 sport trac? I know people say 01-03 and I've even heard 00-03 are the same, but I'd just like to double/TRIPLE check before I go through with a purchase.

Thanks everyone! :)

WAR153 is the correct part for all first gen tracs.

picture.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't be afraid of the sawzall. :D It's probably hard to tell, but I did do some trimming on the inside fender wells. My friend Txplates has the same tires on his ST with only the 3" body lift. No torsion twist and no lift shackles. The right backspacing on the wheels is important.

twins01.jpg

This is me driving Txplate's ST down a hill. He's still learning and preferred for me to take his truck down the hill. He had his anti-sway bars still connected which gives you no flex on the rear axle and makes the truck roll and pinch way more than it should. Driving his truck was way scarier than driving mine down the same hill. Take note, you can hear his tires rubbing sometimes. But, it's not that bad. They definitely don't rub while driving on the street with normal driving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-0omMn7Ns

Here's me driving my truck down the same hill...
Note *** - I have a spring over axle lift and Warrior rear lift shackles on my truck in this video and no anti-sway bars.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pji9OKFrX4

GOT a Question on the first video, on the minute 5:18 @ 5:20 theres a clack noise that sounds like 3 times, I also have that problem, am crazy to know whats that sound.

Back