01 explorer fuel pressure fluctuates? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 explorer fuel pressure fluctuates?

Ok, that's honestly what I thought, but I don't claim to be an electrical expert so I wanted to make sure... going to check this in just a few

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Facebook states page requested cannot be displayed right now. However it appears that you have good power.

I suspect that this also indicates power is good at the pump, because if it were cutting off at the pump, then the ~ 14.4V from the alternator wouldn't be pulled down to 13.6V at that point in the circuit, momentary pump disconnection should cause a leap up closer to 14.4V. This is only speculation, I have not measured that myself.

At this point I would hook up a scan tool capable of acquiring live data while it's running and see if anything changes in coincidence with the problem.

Ok thanks...and I'll fix the video, forgot to make it public

I would try to identify what that substance is, and I don't see any mention of the fuel filter being replaced. I wonder if the whole fuel system is gunked up, would replace the filter and if no remedy, put some fuel injector cleaner in the gas and drive it around a while while I contemplated whether to try cleaning or replacing the injectors.

Being cheap, at some point I might pull the spark plugs to see if any look different so if it came to replacing injectors, I started with one (if only one plug looks off). The curious thing to me is that you're not getting any O2 or misfire related trouble codes. Does the oil smell like gas?

I replaced the fuel filter last week, oil is clean and smells normal.. the fuel filter although was definetly dirty, didn't have anything as big as this in it

Back