01 explorer sport to 07+ sport trac front end conversion | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

01 explorer sport to 07+ sport trac front end conversion

JBigz

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
Hey just wondering if anyone here has seen or done a front end swap from a 01 sport or sport trac to the 07+ (2nd gen) sport trac front end? Is it possible from a bolt on stand point?

It seems to me aside from the updated headlights the fronts are almost the same. My plan is to get the 2nd gen hood, fenders, bumper, lights, and rad support and swap them out with my current 1st gen front end. The only possible issue that I see is that I might have to cut the fenders where they meet the doors.

Has anyone done this conversion? Or seen it? Is it as simple as I'm thinking or is there a lot more sectioning involved? Any and all feedback is appreciated! Planning for this summer.

Wait...your trying to swap the front end of the 01 sport onto the 2nd gen sport trac?

They are completely different vehicles. The body size is completely different; the frame is different; the hood is longer I think. Sorry, I don't think it's an easy project. The only thing that carried over from the first generation to second generation Sport Trac is the name. Anything can be done for the right money, though.

That's what I feared. Thanks guys. Looks like I'll just be getting some replacement headlights, retrofitting them with projectors and doing a paint job and forgetting the idea lol. I appreciate the help. I'd still go for it, but I'm definately no master fabricator nor do I have all the equipment needed.

Thanks again!

Back