• Register Today It's free!

01 sport trac?

Treeslayer

Reaction score
City, State
Jonesboro ar
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport trac
I am going to check out an 01 sport trac with 250k on it. 4x4. Anything specific I need to check out. Common problems with them. I realize with the mileage about anything could be wore out but thought y’all might know something that would normally get overlooked?

cold start timing chain noise, hard starting
If the truck is warm when you get there = suspect

check oil, check trans fluid, does trans fluid smell burnt? is it red or brown?

Check for rust, the sport trac has fiberglass bed and a boxed frame, but it is a good idea to check the suspension brackets for any rot, also around the cab rocker panels, inside the lip of the doors...that is where rust begins

Ive seen 2001's go to the crusher with 150k on them and I have seen them still on the road with nearly 400K miles, it is all about maintenance
PIO (pride in ownership) should be pretty apparent, you can tell ALOT about a vehicle just with a quick once over....clean seats? carpet? newer shocks? sway bar links? tires good tread? these things show how much care was put into the truck in those 250K miles

Thank you all. After finding enough possible problems and the lot wanting more than I was willing to spend with the issues I’m back in search of one. Thanks again.

Back