• Register Today It's free!

02 sensor questions

amace013

Reaction score
City, State
Tomsriver NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
01' Sport
can anyone tell me where the bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor is, correct me if i said it wrong. i just went to autozone to get my check engine light checked out because its been on and i got an 02 sensor code the guy said so i replaces the one right in front of the cat now i went back and they said theres another one in front of that one but i cant locate it? help is appreciated.

Thanks

-Alex

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

half the people that work at autozone our most likely high school drop outs and dont know **** about cars i like it when u go there and they turn the computer screen and ask you if the part even looks like that and they have no idea what they are looking at there selves ask them one time for a left handed wrench one of these days or maybe some winter air for your tires works every times

can anyone tell me where the bank 1 sensor 1 oxygen sensor is, correct me if i said it wrong. i just went to autozone to get my check engine light checked out because its been on and i got an 02 sensor code the guy said so i replaces the one right in front of the cat now i went back and they said theres another one in front of that one but i cant locate it? help is appreciated.

Thanks

-Alex

Do you have a 6 cylinder or a V8? Bank one will be the same side as your number one cylinder. I think there will be a sensor in front of the cat and another one behind it.

lol thats funny, the one around me the people are usually pretty good with knowing things they all have nice built cars and give me good info, but i found a diagram, thanks though!

yeah ive been to probably every part store around where i live and they all seem to be idiots next time i will go to like mc donalds and ask someone for the parts and might get more of a response and knowledge i only deal with like advance or napa or ill order them from the local performance shop i dred the day when i can only find the part i need and autozone is the only one that has it and i need it that day and cant wait to order lol

half the people that work at autozone our most likely high school drop outs and dont know **** about cars i like it when u go there and they turn the computer screen and ask you if the part even looks like that and they have no idea what they are looking at there selves ask them one time for a left handed wrench one of these days or maybe some winter air for your tires works every times

yeah ive been to probably every part store around where i live and they all seem to be idiots next time i will go to like mc donalds and ask someone for the parts and might get more of a response and knowledge i only deal with like advance or napa or ill order them from the local performance shop i dred the day when i can only find the part i need and autozone is the only one that has it and i need it that day and cant wait to order lol

:rolleyes: Before you start chastising others about their education level and job choice you may want to do some spell checking and add a bit of punctuation and capitalization to your comments.

Just saying. :salute:

On an OHV, bank 1 sensor 1 will be the upstream sensor on the drivers side. Very simple to access it from underneath. What was the error code exactly? It may not be a bad O2 sensor.

Discount auto parts personnel

I've found the personnel at the local discount auto parts stores to be helpful and knowledgeable. Especially considering they have to support thousands of various makes, models and years of vehicles and I only have to know about the three I own.

Lander this is a forum do i really need to worry about my grammar see most people are very capable to read my comments and im sorry if i offended you. If you work at autozone i know your not used to actually turning wrenches and i apoligize for my grammar ill start writing better. Just because of you

:rolleyes: Before you start chastising others about their education level and job choice you may want to do some spell checking and add a bit of punctuation and capitalization to your comments.

Just saying. :salute:

On an OHV, bank 1 sensor 1 will be the upstream sensor on the drivers side. Very simple to access it from underneath. What was the error code exactly? It may not be a bad O2 sensor.

Correction

bank one is passenger--( right) side
bank two is left side

so AMACE the check engine light is off now? I have the same problem! Did you solve it? How? Thanks!

Back