03 Explorer 4.0 Limited Need Help from Taiwan --- Reverse Parking Sensor | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 Explorer 4.0 Limited Need Help from Taiwan --- Reverse Parking Sensor

luhung

Reaction score
City, State
Hsin-Chu, Taiwan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer 4.0 Limited
My 03 4.0 Limited with mileage 4.1K has the intermittent problem (There are only 400 Explorer introduced to Taiwan on 2003).

When put the vehicle in reverse, the off light comes on and the system doesnt work (>70%). When go back into Drive, the off light some times stays lit and some times off.
Had Ford delar hook on the OBD2 for free and identifed that there is one bad on the driver's side.

However, I put in R with engine off and parking brake on... All the 4 ones clicks!
Shall I order 4 sensors from Amazon or there are some thing wrong some where?

Thanks for the help!

Luke Hung
2003 Explorer Limited 4.0
2009 Ford Monedo 2.0 TDCi
1996 Volvo 850 T-5 2.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im having the same issue, on my 02 mountainner 4.6l and i also had it on my 03 explorer EB 4.0l.

@luhung, I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "off" light. The light on the reverse siren kill switch left of steering wheel?

If so, the issue may be that switch or the main module. You could always buy one sensor and swap it around, but if they are all clicking, I'd think they are good.

Disconnect the wire from the back of the switch. May have to pull panel. If it works, you know the switch is bad.

Back