Fixed my reverse parking sensor system | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fixed my reverse parking sensor system

should be part no. 3F2Z-15K859-BA
or
Part # 3F2Z-15K859-BA / 4F23-15K859-AA / 5G1Z-15K859-AAA

search fleabay, few there but pricey now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

should be part no. 3F2Z-15K859-BA
or
Part # 3F2Z-15K859-BA / 4F23-15K859-AA / 5G1Z-15K859-AAA

search fleabay, few there but pricey now.

ok Thanks :)

back up sensors

Great Info,!Very thorough and concise! Thanks

I have a 2007 Explorer XLT. Lately the rear sensing unit works properly during the daylight hours, but at night when dark, now when in reverse beeps a solid beep all the time. Any idea why? It is not an optical system, it is supposed to be radar so why would day/night make a difference? Any input on what may be wrong is appreciated....Phil

I have the same problem, I have the solid really loud beep, but it does this no metter the time of day what might be the issue?

At night your lights are on. It could be a bad ground. If you turn your lights off, does it still happen?

nope i tested today the constant beep is no matter where the switch is located in auto, off/daytime lights, parking, or on, so idk what to do and i hate that it isn't working properly

nope i tested today the constant beep is no matter where the switch is located in auto, off/daytime lights, parking, or on, so idk what to do and i hate that it isn't working properly

yep, it should be radar based not sure how its related but, have you tried to clean them? Constant beep says they 'see' something, not sure how it wold relate darkness/light. One possibility at night when the lights are on maybe there is a drop in the voltage???

Might be that one is toasted. You could buy one and swap it out one at a time. . .

looks like one being broken is my only choice, cleaned them and it worked then hours later solid beep again :(

Did you get it fixed?

yeah just i live in on a gravel road so when not at college i just have to shut it off, just clean the sensors that's all thats ever wrong with mine

I have a 2004 and would like to add this does anyone know if it can be done? I have an EB with all options except that. I do know I need to get a sensor strip from ford and a new bumper cover, what about the switch to turn them on or off, can that be added I know it is located next to the headlight switch. Is the truck already wired for this or would I have to do that to. I have thought of aftermarket and thought I could get the strip and bumper from Ford, before I install it replace the sensors in the strip with sensors from an aftermarket system. But I would rather have it genuine.

If it came with one, it can obviously be added. The bumper cover and sensor strip will be costly. The switch should pop right in. I don't know about the wiring, but if you pull the panel where the switch would be and see a connector, that's a good sign. The same with the bumper cover... see if there's a connector down there that goes to nothing.

FYI, a scan tool can read data from these, so its obviously a system more involved than just a directly wired subroutine. You need to get a wiring diagram and see if its all there. A donor vehicle would go a long and cheap way here.

I have a 2004 and would like to add this does anyone know if it can be done? I have an EB with all options except that. I do know I need to get a sensor strip from ford and a new bumper cover, what about the switch to turn them on or off, can that be added I know it is located next to the headlight switch. Is the truck already wired for this or would I have to do that to. I have thought of aftermarket and thought I could get the strip and bumper from Ford, before I install it replace the sensors in the strip with sensors from an aftermarket system. But I would rather have it genuine.

Short answer yes, its a stand alone system.

Prior year i had gathered from one wrecked Ex (02-05 should work) all for $65:
Lower instrument Panel with switch
Taillight harness, it has the wires for the sensors. It will have 3 connectors on both ends. One side will plug into the rear PDU, run out the back behind the tail light, plugs for tail lights, and also connectors for the Fuel pump, Tow plug, parking sensors. Mounties work to, but it will have an extra plug which isn't used.
Parking module, got it with the harness. But on this truck the bumper was already gone.

Fast forward a year and my wife got rear ended, not her fault. Insurance adjuster actually helped with a used bumper. It was the wrong color but it had the sensors already, repainted by a body shop. $250 if i bought it.

All other wires are already there (on my '04 EB . . ). Plug and play.

let me know if you have any questions. It works nice for the wife, she sometimes has a little depth perception problem. Sweet in tight spaces.
Jim

PS i might have some pics in some old posts somewhere. . ..can't post any at the moment.

Just replaced one of my sensors. Thank you!

Well I just bought my explorer and I read this thread prior to buying, my truck also has the sensor off light. Only different symptom I can see is that even when I'm not is reverse I cant get the light to turn off. I've looked for those cheap sensors on ebay and cant seem to find them. If the off kight doesn't go off even in park is my issue more serious?

Thanks for good instruction. I bought 4 sensors from ebay 3F2Z 15K859 BA on $ 190 for them all. And it took my about an hour to to this so thanks again :)

I have a set of four new sensors if anyone else needs them. I traded in the trick before I could install them.

I have a set of four new sensors if anyone else needs them. I traded in the trick before I could install them.

how much would you want for them I need these bad.

For Sale - three sensors from replacement kit

I have fixed the failed sensor - I bought the kit of 4 new ones for $115, then isolated the faulty one and replaced it. While I was at it, I replaced the other three and thus have 3 used ones for sale. Checked and they each work ok. So will sell them for $50 plus postage. Paypal ok. Any one interested call 360-371-3374.(Jeff.).

The instructions to take off the tail lights and bumper etc were easy to follow and took about an hour. Ford wanted $178 for one sensor at the local dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks all for the Fleabay source & excellent write up. Had one bad sensor, bought a replacement from Fleabay ($36 + Shipping), had my local wrench turner follow the R&R write up, and he had it all done after 20 minutes. Now I happily motor on pass the local Ford Stealship making funny noises & faces at them. I betcha they think I'm a bit crazy but little do they know it is really money passing them by. :D

Back