• Register Today It's free!

03 Transfer Case Fluid Level

03_Black_EB

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Eddie Bauer
Hello everybody. I wanted to check the transfer case fluid level on my 03 Eddie Bauer and I still can't find my Haynes Manual. I can only find one plug right on the front of the transfer case, facing the front of the vehicle. Is this the fill plug or the drain plug and where is the other plug? Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well on my 03 the drain and fill plugs are on the back of the transfer case the side where the rear drive shaft comes out. As for fill and drain, the plug towards the top of the transfer case is the fill one thats where you check the fluid, and the drain is at the bottom. Your better off just swapping the fluid its real easy, put an oil pan under the transfer case, unscrew the drain plug let the fluid drain out, Put the plug back in and open the fill plug and pour in ATF until you cant fit anymore in than re tighten the fill plug. Done

I must be mising something because I've felt this transfer case up more that a high school boy on his first trip to second base. This is the only plug that I can find:

plug.jpg

I must be mising something because I've felt this transfer case up more that a high school boy on his first trip to second base. This is the only plug that I can find:

plug.jpg

this is your front differential, the other picture posted in the link is the transfer case, as you see bottom left of it, the out port, the one on the right is the fill port.

Back