04 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4wd differential fluids | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4wd differential fluids

PBB

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta,GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer EB
I totaled my black 04 Eddie Bauer in January. It had 85k miles on it. I hated seeing that one go away. It was in great shape and I trusted it.

I bought wedgewood blue 04 EB with a 4.6l v8 4wd instead of the 4.0 2wd in my black one.

Anytime, I buy a used vehicle I change all the fluids and filters in the vehicle. Just so I know it is done properly and with the correct fluid Last week, it was the engine oil and transmission fluid and filters. This week was the front and rear differential.

Wow......what a difference it made changing out the differential fluid. Before hand, it sounded more like a truck afterwards it drove more like a car. I was surprised that the front and rear took different weight gear oil.

I wish I could have done it myself but after 4 back surgeries crawling under to save 1/2 hour shop time doesn't make sense. It was the best $105 I have spent on the truck. If you haven't changed it out and it has been 100k miles it is money well spent!

Patrick

PS-My son keeps asking when I am going to get the Jack Bauer Edition rather than the Eddie Bauer. If I recall CTU did have a 3rd generation with a CTU Package which had a drawer unit it the cargo bay with the various weapons Jack needed. You 24 fans will remember Jack driving one in Season 4 going to save Audrey and Secreteary Keller.......LOL.

Back