04 explorer rear heater fan controls not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 explorer rear heater fan controls not working

fastdan

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 ford explorer xlt
just bought the explorer, seams like the rear heater fan is always running,
the speed controller on ceiling dose not work to change speed or turn it off, if i push the center divert button nothing happens to change flow to floor. is this normal. i also noticed the front heater when set to floor still blows air out the defrosters. i need to find out how this all works and how to repair the rear controls, re fuse ,relay ect..

electronic heater controls?
rear blower motor speed controller coming off EATC is probably popped or the blower motor is bad. (or both, the motor going out can indeed take out the speed controller, just learned this on my front set up!)
Edit: you can see what I'm talking about by youtubing "Ford explorer blower motor resistor" the front controller with the electronic set up uses a speed controller, but if you have the rear fan setup I based on my wiring diagram its just the basic resister and motor set up. (motor is in the center console area along w/ the resister) also check your relay under the hood and fuse 7 and 30 in the box.
Edit 2:
0996b43f8023e821.gif

Edit 3: Also do a self test on the EATC if you have it, when it malfunctions it will default to having the fan on full power at all times to prevent damage. :) ok im done whew!

Back