05 4.0 to 5.0 from a 2001 mountaineer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 4.0 to 5.0 from a 2001 mountaineer

thudgens

Reaction score
City, State
Belington, Wv
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 xlt sport trac
Hey guys
I'm new here and have a huge problem. I blew up my 4.0 and did some not so good research and decide i could swap a 2001 mercury mountaineer 5.0 without to many issues into an 05 ST. I have all the nuts and bolts mostly finished up but i cant find any wiring help and i don't know where to even get the information from and not sure i will comprehend it when i do find it. any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow that is quite a pickle
2005 conversion not so simple
Here's some info to get you started, I recently did a 02 trac and completed the conversion 100%
all wiring is detailed

Let me know if you have questions

I hope you have the entire 01 merc donor..............

wow that is quite a pickle
2005 conversion not so simple
Here's some info to get you started, I recently did a 02 trac and completed the conversion 100%
all wiring is detailed

Let me know if you have questions

I hope you have the entire 01 merc donor..............
yes I do have the whole thing. i have removed the PATS. I have read you have to piggy bag the pats under the dash

yes I do have the whole thing. i have removed the PATS. I have read you have to piggy bag the pats under the dash
thanks for the link, there is a lot of good information there. I guess i need to get all the schematics and start mapping this out. My brain may explode before i figure it out.

you can do it!!!
Sport trac very similar to ranger

I have been wiring these things up for many years have completed many 4.0 and 5.0 conversions
2005 is a little tricky, but not as bad as 2006+
In that thread I converted a 2002 sport trac, pretty much should be just like your conversion, follow each step, take notes and ask questions
We are here to help
302 conversion is pretty awesome, sky is the limit once you have the SBF running and bugs worked out

Back