05 Sport Trac FPDM Fuel Pressure Driver | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 Sport Trac FPDM Fuel Pressure Driver

GFish

Reaction score
City, State
Western NY state
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT ST & 05 Adrenalin
I hope this will help someone. I had a rotted out FPDM on my trac and she quit running. Search as I might I could not find a replacement other than at the Ford dealer for $183. I Noticed that the Dorman part 590-001 appeared identical to the original. So I bit the bullet and bought one at Auto Zone for $104. It works just fine even though Dormans application chart says it won't.
You can buy the same Dorman 590-001 on ebay for less than $60. I am ordering up another for my other Trac. I am sure it will need one soon. Good idea to pull yours off and check for corrosion. It is easy to get to, up on the cross frame tube ahead of the spare tire and rear axle. You will find it easy if you remove the 10mm headed bolt that holds the FPDM bracket to the frame. If you have any corrosion you will have to drill out one of the bolts that holds the unit to the bracket. I seizes very badly into the aluminum. Clean and coat the base of the FPDM module with paint or a corrosion inhibitor and reinstall with standoffs to keep the base away from the steel bracket.

Back