05 with 4.6 rwd Eddie Bauer. Interchangeable parts? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

05 with 4.6 rwd Eddie Bauer. Interchangeable parts?

Onebigbird

Reaction score
City, State
Irmo
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 ford explorer xlt 4.6
I am currently in a total restoration of my 05 4.6 rear wheel drive explorer, it's an Eddie Bauer model. I have to date replaced brakes, shocks/struts,tie rods,swaybars all bushings in the suspension. Ive also put a 3" leveling kit on it. Took out the entire interior all of it added three pairs of individual spotlights 4 on top mounted to a full length roof cargo rack forward and aft, the other two underneath behind the running boards facing inward to see underneath. Also up front I added a 42" lite bar its mounted to an all steel 12" tall bumper, behind the bumper is a small 3,500 lb wench on a 3/4" steel plate mounted directly to the frame. Beside the wench is a additional 12vlt diehard battery, it connects to the main battery above pos to pos neg to neg cables run out to the right into the square frame tube coming out if front of the 3rd row seating and travel from there to the center console. Also all the add on's lights, cb, amp, cold/hot box mounted in rear center of 3rd row, also power inverter, and battery charger. I added new performace coils and plugs, also added a Thorton performance chip, new mass airflow hooked into new forsed cold air intake, Added 3 wifi cameras new speakers in rear door post and in the back tail hatch. Also painted the truck myself to fit my regular environments which is water. Not for everyone but it is for me. What years models if any have interchangeable parts both engine and or interior/ body parts? It would really be a big help I want to replace the front seats, not putting the second row back in but keeping third row as it folds down.

20220720_202357.jpg 20221014_001308.jpg 20221014_001634.jpg 20221109_160753.jpg 20221109_193511.jpg

You've been busy. Very nice 👍.
2002-2005 four door should be compatible, not Sport or SporTrac models though.

You've been busy. Very nice 👍.
2002-2005 four door should be compatible, not Sport or SporTrac models though.
Yes I've been as steady as I'm able to be, I'm doing it alone and that used to be no problem, however I'm a bit disabled now, not stricken to a wheelchair yet, but thats just down the road a bit. I have made a lot of progress, I think I'm having a grounding issue because some of the new lights aren't powering up and I did start the truck up again the other day its been about 6 months since doing so, and although I have two fully charged batteries and a jump box connected to start it, once I disconnected the jump box I notice my voltage meter start to drop from 14 to quickly 10 then 8 and rough running then choked off. I'm thinking that a new alternator I'm purchasing next? I'm going with a 200 amp alternator this time, that sound right?

Back