06 Explorer factory 3rd row install? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 Explorer factory 3rd row install?

luci734

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Explorer Eddie Baurer
Hello all, first time posting! great forum :D
I recently bought a 06 explorer eddie bauer. I have no 3rd row but I would like to have them installed. Where do I even start looking for factory seats? And any ideas on how much something like this will cost?

I'm not sure if this is possible, but if it is you are probably looking at big bucks. Any time people have tired to add OEM features after the fact it is just crazy what those end up costing. There is a post over in the 2011+ board where someone wanted to add a rear seat console to a 2011 or 12 and one dealership quoted $4000!

I would call local junkyards, I would expect them to charge you $400 for both seats. It really depends on who sells you it though. As far as installing them I have no idea how much it would cost. It could bolt right in or you may have to have a professional do it. It would be difficult to make it look clean at least.

Then there is the safety implications of such an install! Seat belts and all with the proper mounting points of the seats and belts.

Back