06" Explorer Shifting Issues (V6 5 Speed) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06" Explorer Shifting Issues (V6 5 Speed)

locust43

Reaction score
City, State
Hoover, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer XLT
Ok so my Explorer has having some bad throttle delay and shifting delay, so I took it to ford and they put on a new "Program" on it and now the shifts are a bit quicker but very very noticable. Someone said I may need to reset the adaptive shift, but I have driven it 55 miles since then and it is still jerky, is there a better program for it I should ask the Ford dealer to put on?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have taken it back to the dealer and they have no clue what they are doing. They even thought I had a 4 speed automatic in it.

Anybody have any insight?

My 2006 V6 trans shifts smoothly most of the time. The worst is when I accelerate up a hill from a standstill. The one/two shift is fine but the two/three shift is rough and three/four is only a little better.

The dealer replaced my solenoid pack a few months ago, and I guess it will be going back again.

I had them do two TSB's for this issue and it seems to be better. I was also having an issue with delayed engagement from park to reverse or drive and they cleaned the trans valve body and replaced a sticking servo

Back