06 mustang 4.0 SOHC t5 on a OHV? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

06 mustang 4.0 SOHC t5 on a OHV?

Wow man, sorry to hear about all that! If you need parts from an older T5 I know someone who has 2-3 Parts transmissions. I can get you in contact with him if you need it. These would be late 80's-early 90's from a foxbody mustang if you can use/need parts from one.

Thanks man.the parts have to be from a TREMEC world class trans.I'm going to be using their upgraded parts.its not as big of a deal as I first thought because the output shaft I need comes with the upgrade and I was planning on pulling it apart, so slightly lucked out. Just sucks I cant rebuild it and bolt it in to break it in till I get the new motor installed:(ill just have to baby the M5 till then ...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks man.the parts have to be from a world class trans.I'm going to be using their upgraded parts.its not as big of a deal as I first thought because the output shaft I need comes with the upgrade and I was planning on pulling it apart, so slightly lucked out. Just sucks I cant rebuild it and bolt it in to break it in till I get the new motor installed:(ill just have to baby the M5 till then ...

Ford used WC T5s from '86 on.

Ford used WC T5s from '86 on.

Should have been more specific. I need either z spec or TREMEC WC or A5 parts.if z spec then I would need ALL the parts. some TREMEC wc parts can be mix matched with different TREMEC T5s but many WC borg warner parts can't be mixed with WC tremec. A5 parts can be mixed with either Wc Borg Warner and TREMEC WC trans depending on the part.

In other words it would be hard to know what parts can be used and or wouldnt be a down grade if they did work.:eek:

Well I believe they are mostly complete transmissions, minus 3rd gear :p His car eats 3rd, and he's done it a couple times now. So he has educated himself on how to rebuild them.

Well I believe they are mostly complete transmissions, minus 3rd gear :p His car eats 3rd, and he's done it a couple times now. So he has educated himself on how to rebuild them.

A lot of people's does.astro makes fixes for that even if you don't wanna run new gears.a good shifter will help also but sure he has that.lol most say its from missing 3rd gear shift or weak keys.right now I just plan on buying all new parts from astro but this is on back burner till my motor build progresses some more.

I find the worst thing about 3rd in my Cobra is when my hand slips off the shifter and I punch the dash. I no longer have a radio in it, because I tend to destroy them.

Supposedly the '94 Cobra trans is stronger, but I've never believed that. I blow them up just as fast as any other T5.

He doesn't break it by missing it, he stripped every tooth off when his boost kicked in (twice now). He'll be half way through the gear and then he says the worst sound ever happens and his 3rd gear is toast haha. He has a Turbo 5.0 with some decent heads and cam :)

Back