07 - no rear wiper or washer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

07 - no rear wiper or washer

John Neville

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer
Both my rear wiper and washer do not function. I checked the fuses in the cabin (left side below the dash) and the distribution box under the hood - both good. When I turn on the wiper I hear the solenoid on the circuit board on the rear wiper assembly click, but no wipe. When I try to run the washer, nothing happens - no noises either. Based on this I installed a re-manufactured wiper motor assembly. Still no go...

Looking at the relay/fuse diagrams in the owners manual, I do not see any reference to any relays that control the REAR wiper or the washer...What am I missing? I also ensured that the rear glass was closed before I run the wiper (saw this problem on a couple of other posts)

Does anyone know if there is another relay box somewhere or could it be something else. I am a bit pissed that spent $140.00 on a new motor assy. and this did not for it...BTW, the new assy. relay also just clicks when I turn on the wiper...so this obviously is not the problem.

I appreciate any recommendations, a location of any relay(s) that control the wiper and/or washer motors or even a wiring diagram of an 07 Explorer..

Thanks in Advance for the help - John

Back